Fedor Emelianenko: Anderson Silva's positive test a slap in the face to sport and all athletes

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Feb 26, 2015.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...sitive-a-slap-in-the-face-to-the-sport-022515

"It's extremely upsetting that an athlete of that level actually turned to an aid from drugs to enhance his performance. It's a slap in the face overall. A slap in the face to the sport and all the fighters in the sport," Emelianenko said. "I also feel that an athlete should depend on their skill set, experience and hard work they put in and not have to look to shorten that distance between hard training and the win by using or depending on steroids or any performance enhancing drug.

"Most importantly you have to stay true to yourself as well as those fans who made you who you are as an athlete. And now due to the use of steroids, he has this trademark, I feel, as someone who uses performance-enhancing drugs to win."

[​IMG]

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Interestingly, Emelianenko says that the fighters were drug tested in PRIDE. Nobody failed, of course, but tests were administered. Mark Coleman supported this claim saying he had been urine tested in PRIDE.

Emelianenko says he never used PED's during his career and found a mental advantage in believing his opponents needed to cheat to compete with him.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I believe that Fedor never used PED's.

I agree with his statement too.