Fifth and final Summer League game

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Down 42-34 at the half to Portland.

Green and Durant have 12 apiece, but the lack of scoring on the rest of the roster is really starting to show. Green also has eight boards.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Green taking over midway through the fourth, with 30/12 and the Supes back within one. Durant is in the 20s too.

3. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Jeff Green is a stud. His game is incredibly complete, he's getting it done in all facets. Durant is playing his best game of the summer as well.

4. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Finished with an 84-76 loss.

Green and Durant combined for 60 of the 76.

Off to Utah for the Rocky Mountain Revue now.

5. monty001

monty001 Sonics belong in Seattle

It was pretty much 2 vs 5 the whole game. I was really impressed by Green's game today. That one dunk by Durant where he took like 2 strides from the 3 point line and threw it down was nice.

6. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Durant wasn't trying. Green was the best player on the floor. Petro sucks.

7. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

Word is that Kevin Durant and Jeff Green are projected as being starters at shooting guard and small forward next year. Our starting line up would be huge--and Durant's rebounding numbers will be eerily similar to what he put up in the summer leagues.

Personally I don't know how I feel about this. Jeff Green obviously is one of the top five players on our team but with his versatility I would like to think he would be a tremendous sixth man as well. He would give our bench a dimension that it really hasn't had since 2004-2005--a player who was consistently capable of getting the best of second tier players. Antonio Daniels, Danny Fortson, Vlad, and Nick Collison consistently did that during our playoff run.

Bottom line is that Jeff Green is going to be a terrific player for us and he needs to be on the court as much as possible. I just don't want Kevin Durant to be strictly a jump shooter playing the two b/c his handle is not good enough to consistently beat NBA shooting guards off of the dribble. If he is able to take those guards in the post than it could work to our advantage. I just don't know if he wants to work that hard on the interior for buckets. He seems to content to keep his game on the perimeter.

8. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

I think Green would be SG and Durant would the SF.

9. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Bobcats Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think Green would be SG and Durant would the SF.</div>

Have you ever seen Green play? He was a four in both high school and college. Why put the guy out on the perimeter where he lacks the range to be a threat offensively? He's got decent handles and a decent first-step, but it's not like he's a freakish enough athlete to completely make up for his lack of a jumper.

I'm not as worried about Durant, because he's got the skillset of a guard and the body of a forward. He can probably play any position on the floor effectively, but Green I see being confined to the four and three.

I know that Shiek just said that word is they'll be putting them on the floor as a SG/SF combo, but personally, if it were up to me, I'd come out with a rotation that looked something like this -

PG - Watson/West/Ridnour
    SG - Durant/Szczerbiak/West/Wilkins
    SF - Szczerbiak/Durant/Green/Gelabale
    PF - Wilcox/Green/Collison
    C - Collison/Swift/Petro/Sene

10. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

The Sonics are making a big mistake if they play Durant at shooting guard. He's no T-Mac.