Final Game of the Playoff Series: Houston @ Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Dan Le, May 7, 2005.

1. BallinProdigy4

BallinProdigy4 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't believe this... 40 point game... all I'm saying for now is... that I hope the Suns sweep the Mav's outta this series

2. RoXoR

RoXoR JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NbaBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">ok i think my dream was wrong</div>

TMac and Yao showed up...wonder what happen to da bench..and wtf is wrong with MJ, that was pretty smart [​IMG]

maybe next year [​IMG] ...hopefully next time they <u>ALL</u> show up and ready to play [​IMG]

3. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

Tough luck Rocket fans...This was one heck of a series and will probably go down as one of the all time best in playoff history. I also see a new Texas rivalry brewing.

C ya next season...

4. uzairah

uzairah JBB Banned Member

Some intresting stats that the rockets should look at:

Y Ming 42 13-23 0-0 7-8 10 1 1 5 4 33
    S Padgett 28 1-6 1-3 0-0 6 1 0 1 5 3
    J Barry 25 1-6 0-4 0-0 5 3 0 0 3 2
    R Bowen 10 0-2 0-0 0-0 1 1 0 0 3 0
    M Norris 4 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Total points by T-mac and Yao: 60
    Total points by everyone else: 16

16 FREAKING POINTS BY 6 FREAKING PLAYERS!!! SIXTEEN !! THEY DID SO GOOD B4 WHAT HAPPENED??? slam was right the rockets have no depth after t-mac and yao
    BENCH MIN FG 3P FT REB AST STL BLK PF PTS
    T McGrady 36 10-26 1-7 6-7 7 7 0 3 1 27
    D Wesley 39 2-9 1-3 2-3 3 0 3 0 4 7
    M James 17 2-7 0-0 0-0 1 2 0 0 3 4
    B Sura 25 0-2 0-1 0-0 0 1 1 0 2 0
    V Baker 0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    C Weatherspoon 0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    D Mutombo 0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0

5. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Well, the Rockets lose .. but Dallas was the clear winner tonight. There were some questionable calls, but nothing the Rockets could not have over-come. Yao and Tracy came to play tonight, the rest didn't. But this is a step-better than last season. All this talk about bringing Kidd here. Our team just needs a purely consistent, young shooter, and a rebounder. But Kidd would help with experience and what not. Just sad to see the Rockets season end.

The Rockets just got outplayed in Game 7, and though, with some calls, we could easily have won the first 6 .. it just wasn't there tonight, and hell, that's basketball for you. Love it or Hate it.

6. J-Baller

J-Baller JBB JustBBall Member

thanks T-mac for good memory, yea, we certainly need a 3rd main scorer besides tracy and yao, those two are not enough,

7. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

Congrats to the Mavericks

Thank you to the Rockets

Good luck to the Suns

8. uzairah

uzairah JBB Banned Member

the rockets should have tried to not lose by so many points!! 40 points is a freaking playoff record!! T

9. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

We just have to accept guys that maybe this was not our time yet. TMac and Yao played well but our role players didn't step up. I didn't expect this game to be so horrible. For sure it will be an NBA record for the biggest blowout in NBA playoff history. Congratulations to the Mavericks fans!

I hope this game would be in every Rockets players' mind next year if they will go to the playoffs again. I think this will force the Rockets Organization to think about resigning their current role players who have expiring contracts. We need new blood to support Yao and TMac. Although we need veterans we also need some youth and speed. Dirk wasn't much of a factor in all seven games and I'm proud to say that we had success in him but much of the damage has been done by the Mavs quick little line-ups like Terry, Stackhouse, Finley,Daniels and Howard. We didn't have enough speed to match their quickness and hustle plays.

Anyway our only consolation would be hoping to get a good PF in the draft which is next month and a competetive player from the free agent market. I also hope we might use our previous picks namely Badiane and Spanoulis.

10. ronin

ronin JBB JustBBall Member

Well, everything was just going wrong for the rockets.. From offense, defense, rebound, speed, hustle, energy, confidence, cool.. we really can't expect to win while we were really being outplayed by dallas. Let's just accept the fact that we are still incomplete as a team and we still have a lot to do..

But i can see a good, solid performance by the rockets next season.. with one or two trades and draft we can build a strong team with tmac and yao being the core. Looking at his playoff performance, Yao will definitely improve next season.. Tmac will be more comfortable with his role as a leader.. And if Jkidd is really coming to houston then prepare to see us in western conference finals next season..

Just like Tmac said over and over again in his post game interview "this lost will just make me tougher and i promise we will be back next season, we will be back."

11. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

The Mavs upped their effort to another level, and we simply didn't have the quickness or talent to match it. It's a new era in the NBA. You need quickness and athleticism to win consistently in this game. In a different era (mid 90s), the Rockets might have had an advantage with two skilled individual players. But the way the game is played today, and with the flexibility defenses have, that by itself isn't enough.

Bobby Sura's absense since game 5 was big. The lack of an athletic four who can rebound the ball was big. The lack of quickness on the perimeter was big.

12. ButtZilla

ButtZilla JBB JustBBall Member

No play offs experience for the Rockets players, except McGrady .... .... May be next year, get a good power foward. Keep Dekembe.

Or just get Phill Jackson! [​IMG]

2 great young players, a lot of hope for the future! Need guidance! You have your center, your superstars, your leader! Now need a Zen Master! [​IMG]

13. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Wow, the final game of the series instead of Houston coming out strong and making it a game, they get blown out by 40 points and break the 36 point game 7 record. In the 4th quarter JVG already gave up and sat McGrady down for the quarter. I don't remember seeing T-Mac that sad before; I thought he was going to cry. Anyway there's always next year...

14. Clutch95

Clutch95 JBB JustBBall Member

Like I said, we should have won Game 4, but we blew it.
    Yao really is getting better, but he's still way too inconsistent.
    This team needs another scorer really, really bad.
    With Juwan Howard, we would have won this series, but still lost in one of the next 2 rounds.
    Here's an idea for you: KEVIN GARNETT!!!! (Hey, I can dream can't I?) Garnett in Houston == rings for him, Yao, and McGrady. [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Clutch95

Berry, Mutumbo, and James are bench players. How many times can we expect them to come out and be our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players? I don't really think it's our benches fault. We need another scorer in the starting lineup.

16. Clutch95

Kudos to Dallas. They've earned the right to go to Phoenix and get their collective *&&es kicked. [​IMG]

17. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Man, this really hurts for the Rockets. After going up 2-0 in the series many thought they would sweep the Mavs. Tracy McGrady is cursed, is he ever going to get out of the first round? Anyways, next year I think the Rockets will come back strong, but they are still missing something..a point guard who can lead a team.

18. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Wow I didn't actually think Houston would fall so far. They came out in this series strong, but Dallas just fought back harder. Words can't describe how this loss makes me feel. Dallas just shut down our other guys so that who couldn't get anything going on the offensive end. Good game McGrady and Yao but it doesn't mean much when you lose by forty points now does it? There were simply no answers for Terry, Stackhouse, and Howard. I feel so bad for McGrady- the guy just seems to be cursed or something. And, he played like a true leader in this series, trusting his teammates, doing good jobs on both ends of the court and still came up short.

But hey, look on the bright side- we will be even stronger next year. I mean, in this series, we played with no true powerforward and still managed to push this series to seven as well as win two road games in the row. The future looks bright for Clutch City folks.

19. kingrex

kingrex JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post"> It's a new era in the NBA. You need quickness and athleticism to win consistently in this game. In a different era (mid 90s), the Rockets might have had an advantage with two skilled individual players. But the way the game is played today, and with the flexibility defenses have, that by itself isn't enough.
    </div>

This is an excellent point. Sometime in the mid-90's, hard-nosed defensive play was the order of the day. Aggressive hard-fouling was the way to go to win a championship. The result was a decrease in offensive output league-wide.

Now, the NBA has adjusted officiating rules to help the offense and offensive flow. As durvasa pointed out, "quickness and athleticism" is now what wins the day. The Phoenix Suns are a perfect example. The new era allows them to be the best team in the association. The result is higher scores around the league.

So, we may indeed be a new era, and the teams that can adapt to the new era will be the most successful.

20. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

Well we simply didn't show up last night (except TMac and Yao), Dallas was quicker and better last night.........but a 40 point win doesn't come just because one team is quicker than the other (every game was close in this series)...........the rockets just did not play last night and Dallas did...........the main thing we need is a strong PF, that way we can bring Howard and James off the bench and I love Sura, but dude is simply beat up and step too slow.......so I'd expect the rockets to be looking for a PG this offseason also....................I know it's hard to stomach a 40 point defeat, but we still have Yao and TMac and with the right pieces put around them I still see a bright future for this team.......congratz to the Mavs and good luck against the suns, but Dirk has got to show up for u guys, once again he had a horrible game last night.