Finally...Bengals Fans Can Hold Their Heads High!

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Pack Attack, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Congrats, guys. You long national nightmare is over! Amazing what a team can do when a head coach actually has some power in the organization.

With the core you have, the young guys that are coming on and a solid off season of free agency and draft, you guys will be monsters next year!

Go Bengals!

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Marvin Lewis seems to have everyone believing and why not? The Bengals missed the playoffs by a game and looked like a very good team at times during the 2003 season.

I'm still sticking to my original question. Do you get rid of Kitna and throw Palmer to the wolves? Or do you keep what was working and let Palmer sit for one more season?

Dillon isn't really an issue since Johnson stepped up and Peter Warrick is finally showing flashes of why he was a top draft pick.

3. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

I know most Bengal fans disagree with me, but I'd go with Kitna one more year and begin to work Palmer in for junk time and/or blowouts. I can't blame them in todays NFL for wanting Palmer on the field ASAP though. I'm still impressed with the way Tennessee brought McNair along. IMO, Warrick has still only shown "flashes". One of those games where he showed them was against a porous KC defense. I think he still has some proving to do. Chad Johnson is beast though.

4. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I'm with you KC and you're right, most Bengal fans would probably disagree. I think Kitna should be the man for at least another year. Pulling the plug on him now would be the wrong thing to do.

And yes, after all this time of being below average, Warrick has much to prove.