FinishLine Reveals Bobcats Jersey

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Avery, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

<div align="center">Bobcats Jersey</div>

I though there would be an official release for these jerseys, but that doesn?t seem to be the case.

Well, there you have it the? Charlotte Bobcats Home/Away Jersey

2. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

they coulda done better than that

3. KingCarmelo

KingCarmelo JBB JustBBall Member

you know what...I LIKE IT!!!

4. Rim-Rocca

Rim-Rocca JBB JustBBall Member

they kinda look like the clippers jersey's except its orange.

5. rprj18

rprj18 BBW Member

I like it, but it's kinda plain. They should have put that Bobcat head logo thing on it.

6. NickVanExel

NickVanExel JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rim-Rocca:</div><div class="quote_post">they kinda look like the clippers jersey's except its orange.</div>

it does look like the clips jerseys! the orange looks more like red and with the blue trim it looks so much like the clips jerseys.

7. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Big disappointment. The jerseys look very poorly designed and lack a flair of its own. The Bobcats could have done much better.

8. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

They had enough time to come up with a better design than that. *Rolls eyes*

9. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    to be honest, these were better than what i expected, I thought they were gonna use that ugly shade of blue like on their logo. But in terms of style and creativity, I am really disappointed.

1. they look too much like the clippers jersey
    2. they had so much time to think of a better design

the only good thing that comes out of this is that they do not have the ugliest jerseys in the league, Dallas does.

10. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

11. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

I like the unis. If you think about it, the simple design and plain style is probably from a merchandizing standpoint. The Cats management is probably gonna release new unis in a couple more years.

I like the way that the jerseys are almost retro in their simplicity. Of course, they could be better, but almost all jerseys could.

12. Avery

Remember, these are just the replicas and when the authentic version is revealed, there might be a better change in quality. But overall, they're decent.

13. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

^ I agree. But hopefully, they aren't really broad shoulders, and only the replica's are. The jersey would look much better normal-shouldered. I thought they were gonna be much worse. And also thought there was gonna be a bobcat on there somewhere, but overall, i like these jerseys.

14. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">^ I agree. But hopefully, they aren't really broad shoulders, and only the replica's are. The jersey would look much better normal-shouldered. I thought they were gonna be much worse. And also thought there was gonna be a bobcat on there somewhere, but overall, i like these jerseys.</div>

Here's your answer...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"><div align="center">[​IMG]</div>

The Charlotte Bobcats today completed the franchise's identity with the unveiling of the team's uniforms. The unique on-court look includes orange as the primary road jersey with the Bobcats becoming the only team in the NBA to wear orange jerseys for all away contests.
    ?Charlotte asked us to create a unique identity, and this is the final branding piece of our identity puzzle that makes up the Charlotte Bobcats,? said Ed Tapscott, president and chief operating officer of the Charlotte Bobcats, which began their identity launch on June 11, 2003, with the unveiling of the team name, logo and colors.

The Bobcats Orange road jerseys will bear the ?Charlotte? wordmark, and the team will wear white jerseys that read ?Bobcats? for home games. Both home and away jerseys incorporate Bobcats Orange with the team?s other colors of Bobcats Blue, black and silver on a side panel design. The uniform colors combine with the wordmark lettering style and its shadowbox effect for a look that is broadcast friendly and visually appealing.

?The new Charlotte Bobcats uniform is an exciting combination of classic NBA style and progressive detailing, and we?re looking forward to seeing it on court this fall as the Bobcats launch their inaugural campaign,? said Christopher Arena, senior director of apparel licensing for the National Basketball Association, which worked together with the Charlotte Bobcats, Charlotte clothing designer Cary Mitchell, Tom O?Grady of Gameplan Branding Group and Reebok as the architects of the Bobcats identity.

To assure players gain optimal performance benefits from the new uniforms, the design team incorporated features that offer flexibility, comfort and breathability: a wider opening at the jersey?s back v-neck allows more freedom of movement than other NBA jerseys do; hidden seams alleviate the chaffing caused by exposed threads; and diamond mesh fabric inserts on the side of the uniform allow greater air flow, keeping the player cooler.

Designers also sought to give players wearing the uniforms the benefit of moisture control and a sense of weightlessness. The predominant uniform fabric, called Shimmer, uses Reebok?s Play Dry advanced moisture management system that wicks moisture away from the skin to the outside of the fabric where it quickly evaporates, preventing the heaviness of perspiration build up. Additionally, kiss-cut tackle twill lettering in the team wordmarks and player numbers is lighter in weight than the layered lettering used by many other NBA teams.</div>

<div align="center">Full Story</div>

15. elijahser

elijahser JBB JustBBall Member

THEY ARE AWESOME! they don't look like the clips jerseys at all! and the orange is like red wich is good cuz orange is ugly

16. WorkingOut247

WorkingOut247 JBB JustBBall Member

its so plain, i can create a better jersey on photoshop.

17. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

They're not bad...they would look better if the bobcats can become a great team, any jersey looks great when the team wins.

18. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Those jerseys are so friggin beat, I kinda feel bad for the Bobcat fans.

19. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

RofL @ Okafor. But the jerseys looka lot better with the Grey trim and with JERSEY shoulders. but they still could aodne ALOT better

20. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

The jerseys aren't that bad at all to me. Its just that, the font for the wordmark is pretty weird looking, the numbers are fine, its just that the wordmark doesn't do it for me for some reason. Overall rating: 7.5/10

OT:And the thing I wanna know is where I can get some of that Shimmer! :P