FIRE GEORGE KARL

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Answer_AI03, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

Denver is the worst good team in the NBA. There is absolutley no reason why they should have lost to the lakers especially when AI goes for 50. Radmanovich got anything he wanted, Kobe had 2 uncontested layups with under 2 minutes to go.... i mean, com'on....Does Karl even practice defense or tell his team that they need to start playing it? They need to forget about the offense, and just start focusing on how the can get better on the defensive end. And i think that starts with a defensive minded coach. FIRE GEORGE KARL</p>

2. tremaine

tremaine To Win, Be Like Fitz

writer, accountant & part time economist
    "Worst good team in the NBA" is right and there is no award for that.</p>

GK keeps winning just enough games to be able to keep his job not only this year but next year as well, 14 out 0f 24 so far. But this is not enough wins to get a good playoff slot.</p>

GK had better be replaced if the Nuggets don't get in the playoffs.There are going to be 2 teams out of these 10 good teams that do not get a playoff slot:</p>

Spurs</p>

Mavericks</p>

Lakers</p>

Suns</p>

Warriors</p>

Trailblazers</p>

Hornets</p>

Jazz</p>

Rockets</p>

Nuggets</p>

</p>

3. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

i wish there was a way we could get greg popavich or larry brown to coach this team...i think they could get some kind of a working structure and some defense going.</p>

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Rick Carlisle is out there still. He's a defense first coach, but he's struggled dealing with superstar players.</p>

That would be interesting to see Iverson reunited with Larry Brown, but there's no guarantee Iverson will be back.</p>

5. tremaine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shapecity)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Rick Carlisle is out there still. He's a defense first coach, but he's struggled dealing with superstar players.</p>

That would be interesting to see Iverson reunited with Larry Brown, but there's no guarantee Iverson will be back.</p>

</div></p>

I think Carlisle would be pretty good for the Nuggets.</p>

Anyway, I just had kind of a brainstorm and, since my game reports are so long these days,I thought I'd post an upcoming highlight here:</p>

George Karl punishes players by reducing minutes, benching them, or making negative comments to reporters about them, if he thinks they are not doing as well as they could, and/or how well he thinks they should do. He ignores or distorts how well they actually are doing in the process. He's done that with, for example,J.R. Smith, Carmelo Anthony, and Kenyon Martin. In other words, Karl has these images (movies, actually) running in his head about how and how well a player should play. If the player departs substantially from that movie in his head, he gets upset. If he gets too upset, he takes action against that player. </p>

This doesn't make any sense because:</p>

1. How does GK know in advance exactly how or how well a player should play? He can't know.</p>

2. GK ignores or distortshow well the player actually is doing when he takes action against that player. So he hurts the team when he, for example, keeps J.R. Smith's minutes overly restricted because J.R. Smith does not live up to the image he has in his head.</p>

(Trying to figure out GK has me eligible to get a psychology degree.)</p>

</p>

6. tremaine

Kenny Smith & Charles Barkley agree with us that the Nuggets don't seem like a unified team, and that the offense has no flow to it, but what gets me mad is that neither of them blame the Denver coaches. There is a stupid unwritten rule that tv broadcasters can not criticize the coaching of an NBA team. Smith doesn't take the opportunity to blame anyone, and Barkley blames Iverson, as I predicted "know-it-all observers" would in my recent Hornets game report. I didn't know when I wrote that that Barkley had already criticised Iverson for being selfish. Sorry Chuck, but A.I. is just following instructions fromKarl, or mostly the lack of instructions, to be more accurate.</p>

I'd take Kenny Smith as Coach of the Nuggets.</p>

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?cont...amp;nbasite=nba</p>