Fire Quinn

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Jan 16, 2021.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

After 10 minutes of IT on opening night where almost everyone sucked KAKKO, the 2nd overall pick moved to 3rd line with the useless digiuseppe He is gonna ruin this kid! Also breaks up our only competent defense pair and moves the can’t suck ass useless pile of shit jack johnson up to the 2nd pair! . Quinn is lost and JD needs to jettison his dumb ass back to college and grab a competent NHL coach before the team gets too buried. If they play as bad tonight as they did in the opener Quinn needs to be fired right after the game. Hard to watch him anymore

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Hey, the first fire Quinn thread after 1 game. Yeah, he seems very lost to start this season. My lines would be as follows.

Panarin-Strome-Lafreniere
    Kreider-Zibanejad-Kakko
    Buchnevich-Howden-Gauthier
    Chytil-Richards-Barron

At his point I value faceoffs from our bottom 2 lines a lot more than giving Chytil a chance at center because he sucks ass on draws. Can't be a center if you can't win more than 40% of your draws. Plus, Chytil has shown he's still clueless. Buchnevich is not a top 2 line player. He's just not. I leave Chytil on the 4th line all year until I see him actually round out his game. Howden was excellent in the dot game 1 vs. very tough faceoff opposition. The goal of the bottom two lines needs to be more not allowing goals than scoring at this point. Team is much farther away than I thought they would be.

On defense. I have no problem putting Lindgren with Trouba. They need a top pairing with size and toughness to match up vs. other teams top lines. From what I've seen of Johnson and Smith, I'd rather endure growing pains and go with Hajek or Schneider. I'd rather put Schneider on the left side of Fox. Start shopping DeAngelo now. Sell early and high. A nice, safe, smart, stay at home vet defenseman around 25-26 with size and a lefty would do nicely. Hampus Lindholm comes to mind. The Ducks suck. He has 2 years left on his contract. I think you might have to throw in a prospect. Perhaps Jones and DeAngelo for Lindholm. I'd even do Buchnevich and DeAngelo for Lindholm but it won't work with their cap. They need prospects. Jones and DeAngelo and Wall. They drafted a smaller offensive righty d-man in Drysdale 5th overall this year. Adding DeAngelo will allow them to not rush that kid. Plus, I always feel the easiest position to draft in the first round is a left handed defenseman with size and skating. There are always a lot of them. Miller-Schneider is probably our shutdown pairing for the future. Might as well start that pair now and give them sheltered minutes. If they are playing well, play them more and give other pairings some less minutes.

Lindgren-Trouba
    Schneider-Fox
    Miller-DeAngelo

This would look much better

Lindgren-Trouba
    Lindholm-Fox
    Miller-Schneider

mrmel29 likes this.
  3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I think Schneider will need a couple of years before we see him. One year of OHL and then some AHL time i think will be enough. I would like to see what Reunanen looks like this year, as this is likely not going to be a playoff team. Lindholm would definately be a nice addition. Throw in Lundkvist next year too and the D core starts to take shape.

Not going to go nuts about Quinn and trying different things early, but if the effort and energy are the same tonight that would be something concerning.

4. mrmel29

Chuck, they are young but talented enough to not have the shitshow produced on Thursday. Quinn is in over his head as an nhl coach and the name I’m hearing which I haven’t before to replace him is Chris drury! I wouldn’t mind gallant myself.

5. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Schneider won't be a Ranger for at least 2 years. And despite your hatred of Buch, he played well in game 1, and the K/Z/B line was our best.

I just read Dubois wants to play in Montreal, and that DeAngelo is the most likely to go in a deal for a C. I saw maybe Barkov from Florida is available, and he'd be a good fit as well. Just turned 25, great on FO's, and signed through next season. Dubois isn't going to happen in the same division, but I would go all in on Barkov. Given the smoke, I think it's clear the Rangers are looking to add a # 2 C.

6. mrmel29

Chuck, Schneider will be here the latest next season. Book it!

7. NYR Fan

Just stop man. IT'S ONE GAME. The team is so young and is not ready yet. They need another season of maturity and growing. Getting out from under a ton of dead cap space, and getting out from under Smith's contract. I think Gorton/JD have always been pointing to next season, and the fact that we didn't do anything this offseason tells me that very clearly. Huge hole at # 2 C - nothing done. Huge hole on LD - nothing done. Look at the lack of action and it tells you clearly what Gorton and JD think about this season. Actions speak louder than words.

With that said, we have to be better than game 1. We will finish 4-6 in our division, but we cannot play with nothing like we did in game 1. That has to change, and I'd expect it will. But when 32 of 56 games are against big physcial teams in our tough division, and we are so young with no exhibition season, games like the other night will happen, especially early.

8. NYR Fan

You want to tell me he makes a cameo some time next season, okay possible, but he is not the answer right now. That is not happening.

9. NYR Fan

The more I look at it, the more I say go get Barkov. He is a perfect fit. Size, can score, wins 53% of his FO's, not in our division so we have a chance to get him, Florida going to deal him within the next year before he leaves as a UFA. Perfect fit, get it done Gorton.

10. NYR Fan

Official - DeAngelo scratched tonight, and Di G in for Rooney. I would assume lines will be very mixed up, as will the D pairs.

I'll just say this, to make major changes after one game seems like a bit of an overreaction to me even though we played a terrible game. I hope it doesn't back fire on Quinn.

11. Ranger71

That would be amazing to get Barkov, or even Huberdeau, though i think he's more of a W than C. Florida may make the playoffs but they lose in the 1st round every year despite their firepower. The issue is Barkov will make probably $9-10m per so that might be tight but he's probably cheaper with what we'd have to give up than for PLD. Likely at least a 1st+Kakko or Kravtsov+Chytil at minimum for Barkov.

12. Ranger71

I know Hockey Buzz is sort of silly but i did pass through there today and see this, which we probably figured was the case.

Dubois Wants to Play For the Rangers with Panarin. (E4)
    January 16, 2021, 12:57 PM ET [18 Comments]
    According to multiple sources, Dubois wants to be a Ranger and play with buddy Panarin. How this would work out is still to be determined. I will also say this...The trade rumors and sudden anticipation that Dubois gets moved soon is being HIGHLY overplayed in the media. There is no deal close and I don’t see this happening imminently at all.

13. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

After no preseason games it seems a little ridiculous to criticize Quinn for looking at different line combos 1 game into the season.. Kakko's ice time was hampered by the 8 penalties too but Quinn gave him some PP time and his IT was similar to other non PK players.. Please let Gorton find a place for tiny Tony D, the Barzal goal is exactly why he needs to go. The only reason I could see Smith or Johnson in the lineup is for physicality, if they're still around in a few weeks I'd be surprised because neither of them is the answer.. I learned from the first game that the Isles have a pretty effin good team and dump really, really hates my boy Chytil.

14. NYR Fan

Kypreos is reporting he wants to be in Montreal:

Pierre-Luc Dubois first destination choice is @CanadiensMTL The @BlueJacketsNHL ask is now focused around Nick Suzuki / plus. Romanov has been deemed untouchable. Would you do it if your Marc Bergevin?

Interesting to see how that plays out, but if given the choice I'd take Barkov as I think we have a better shot to land him if dealt.

At the end of the day, who knows which players are/will be available, but whenever that time comes we have tons of assets to get a deal done. We know not all the kids we have will pan out, we know we don't have roster space to play all the kids anyway, and we know we can't pay them all over time. So we are now just about at the point where Gorton/JD need to take that next step, which is to smartly deal some kids to finish off the team (most likely adding a big time # 2 C). The time is almost here as next season is full bore in for our SC window opening.

15. kreidertime

Montreal's rosters sucks and their farm sucks. They have nothing to get Dubois.

16. kreidertime

Watch the game with your eyes open. He sucked moose cock. That line was invisible. There were only two good Rangers. Gauthier and Howden. The rest sucked ass.

17. kreidertime

Trust me, Columbus doesn't give two shits where a 22 year old kid wants to go. First, they will be pissed at him. Second they will take the best offer and tell him to go fuck himself. With the Rangers a big stage and a stacked farm, it's really a matter if they will want him or not. If they do, he will be here.

18. NYR Fan

Yeah, another awful period by Buch...LOL. It is so funny when you get these things in your head that so and so player or coach sucks, that's it game over. As Sam and Joe said, he had a great camp and has looked really good. I have read a few articles looking for a breakout this season for Buch. We'll see if that happens, but so far he has played solid hockey.

And the coach clearly agreed with you since the K/Z/B line is the only line that was left together, and Gauthier was moved down to the 4th line to play with Howden.

19. NYR Fan

Much better period. Played with a lot more grit and determination. Even Smith played well I thought. And G in goal made a few nice saves. Keep it up and rebound from the terrible game 1.

20. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Guess we can hold off on firing quinn?

NYR Fan likes this.