...First 15 games

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Apr 20, 2017.

1. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

1. Yanx's offense leading the league in Runs, HRs, OPS, and run differential.

2. Yanx's starting pitching is 2nd best in the league (3.02) and the BP is the best in the league. (1.27)

3. Headley (.396) and Castro (.368) are #2 and #3 in the league in BA...and Hicks leads the team in OPS.(1.222)

4. Yanx have done this without DiDi and for the most part, Sanchez too.

...of course, we all predicted this before the season began. ( I know I did) :bgrin:

2. Lillie

Lillie Well-Known Member

Yeah ok Ron, all we did was bitch about this team but it is still early so don't jinx them. :lol:

3. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    My original thought on this club was that it may not be playoff ready but would improve. I too think it is early and first place counts best when your lead over the team following is greater than the number of games remaining. Veterans have surprised us, per Sabathias' comments yesterday vets want to win as bad as the kids. While probably true I think those kids have shown that no ones job is really safe. And probably by the end of May those over their heads will level, and those below will rise. I'd hope that the end result is a team that sees a different person getting it done everyday with its members knowing and performing to traditional Yankee standards. That being said I still lack confidence in management above field level.

4. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Sanchez, holiday, bird and judge give us tremendous power in the 2-5 or 3-6 spots. Adding didi and castro with their power and this team should score plenty of runs all season. It still comes down to the starting pitching as the bullpen is aces. If the starters pitch anywhere near the level their pitching at now we should be in the thick of things throughout the season.

5. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

^^^^^what he said! ..............and to add, with the wealth of system talent yet to be tapped,
    the Yankees are headed in the right direction.................to be a World Series champion!

6. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.

^^^^ good stuff...~!~

crazy year this one is

7. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Kudos to Torreyes & Romine doing a damn fine job covering for the "regulars: The ability to plug in suitable replacements for starting regulars is a huge factor in fieldin a winning team.