First preseason game thoughts!

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by 4THNLONGFELLOW, Aug 13, 2004.

1. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

It was a win, which is always good. I hope to get over the "close game" curse that we usually play though so that I don't have a heart attack this year. The NFL channel is showing the game today at 1:00 p.m. and I will be taping it and watching it tonight so I don't want to comment to much on it until I can evaluate the game first. I did see a few highlights and it looks as though JONES is going to be the starter for us. I also seen a return from MERRIT in O.T. which was very nice but I can't wait to see how the whole game went and of course once I do I will post back. I hope to keep the wins coming. Rex didn't seem to play long but had good stats as far as completions, I think 5 for 6 with no INT. JONES had 7 carries for 56 or 76 yards I believe. I will know more later. GO BEARS!!!!!!!!

2. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

Jackson did run all over u guys!.... i think that u guys did reasonably well! A win is a win even in preseason

3. Rube Cred

Rube Cred nfl-*****s member

Didn't see the game. Congrats on the win, although it's very hard to make any conclusions about the upcomming season from watching the 2nd and 3rd stringers duke it out...

4. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

I'll be at the Saints game tonight. Getting f@#king plastered. I'll let ya'll know how everything goes. Ha, who am i kidding. I'll be under the seats before the half. Wish me luck. Go Saints Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

I did watch the game finally and the starters were only in for one series and they drove the ball down field nicely. Rex looked good and the line held for him and Jones looked good as well. We had a load of penalties and when Quinn came in for a while he was running for his life, which brought back memories of last season and our O-line problems. I am hoping that it was just our 2nd stringers trying to hard or something. Petterson looked good running the ball and should move to #2 back or #3 behind Jones and Thomas instead of Forsey. I liked the look of our special teams and they will only get better when Azuma gets back. I thought the offence looked text book CHIEFS as I watched the CHIEFS game before I watched mine I saw a lot of the same type of plays ran. The touchdown to the TE especially. I have to admit I am a little worried about the defence as I was hoping for more pressure in the backfield then I saw. Maybe when we get all of our starters back in there and get to the real season we will be ready. All in all we did O.K. for our first preseason game and I am hoping to see alittle more improvment in our next game on SAT. against the 49'rs with a lot less penalties. As always GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

6. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

yea now bears are done with rex gone again [​IMG]

7. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

The bears need to get Cedric Benson in camp soon so he can help that strugling offense

8. GoChiagobears

last time i checked jones is ok and benson is a rookie and besides he cant throw the ball for us so that still dont help us with QB problems other wise this team would win a lot of games and i still think the bears will have top D

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

yea Thomas Jones is nice. He is an all purpose back and he can start the seasn off good. Benson will probably take the carries as the year goes on. With Grossman out early on though it might be a rough start.

10. GoChiagobears

yea it will but i think if they can just learn the offense well who ever steps in for QB bears and still do well with the D this season as long as the offense can do something. i see us still be at least third in NFC North sucks but yea.

11. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Expect a trade soon for the Bears to get a QB, because if Lovie Smith goes 4-12 this season he has a good chance of losing his job. Lovie Smith is a good coach but he has been dealt a lot of bad cards on the offensive side.