Florida game

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Ranger71, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Holden and Smith sucking as usual.

2. Ranger71

If only we had one more Buchnevich type. Great game from Kreider as well so far. Hopefully they can get at least a point.

3. Ranger71

Fuck. Please for the love of god replace Holden.

4. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Fucking disgrace to lose to that minor league team when they are playing a back to back.

5. Ranger71

I mean, can a young guy like Graves be worse than Holden?

6. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rangers dominated the damn game. They gave themselves no chance with that start but they still managed to tie the game 4-4. That last 1:30 with Smith and Holden was a disgrace. We need somebody on D who can actually defend. Smith and Holden are terrible. Smith is choking after the contract because he was solid last season. Holden is just a clown. That pass that resulted in the turnover was just plain lazy. Them the idiot skates out in front to screen his own goalie. Not to mention the falling to the ice and taking yourself out of the play is just plain stupid.

RangersFan likes this.
  7. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

As I calm down. We have to remind ourselves we will be rebuilding soon. Soon it will be Lundqvist and Shesterkin. Chytil and Andersson will be here soon. Graves here soon. I think they will have two first rounders this year again. Disgusting loss but patience.

8. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

They are not going to win every game. Of course they shouldn't be losing to Florida at home, but Hank didn't have his game tonight and we were going to lose a game at some point.

To me we need Smith to play better, because I don't see the alternative to him given his AAV. He has to improve you'd think. As for Holden, I don't understand why he is here playing over a kid. The guy is a mistake waiting to happen. And sure he is passable for a stretch here and there, but overall you simply cannot trust him. He needs to be out, a kid should be up to play for him, and McDonagh back in for Kampfer next game.

Overall due to the awful start, the great Met division, and the tight East we will be right on the edge of in or out all season it appears. In my opinion we need 2 things to be a threat: 1. Smith has to be better and play up to what we saw from him last season when he came over. 2. We need a C upgrade from Deshar to a legit top 9 C to go with Ziban and Hayes.

If those two things happen we are a legit threat to be a tough out in the East. If they don't happen we may just miss or just slip in, but it won't be a long run.

9. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Did not see the game but looks like they are back with that run and gun AV bullshit 5:4 games.

10. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Not what happened at all but good insight.

11. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

AV throws defense out the window......gun and shoot!

12. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

First Florida goal was a fluke and it seemed to get into Hank's head and distract him, thought both goals after were soft but he went into the game 10-2 so he can be human now and then. Holden is a big guy who needs to hit, otherwise he's useless, same with Smith.