Fox Sports/Sporting News Mock Draft v. 8.0

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Pack Attack, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

2. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

I agree with a lot of this draft but i dont see Sean Taylor at 17 theres gotta be someone taking hime before that. My honest opinion is that Chris Gamble is a better corner than DeAngelo Hall. I watched Chris and although he might not be the fastest or the strongest he gets the job done and he is a PLAYMAKER.!!

3. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I love all the speculation this time year about the draft. The only we can be sure of is nothing.

All I know is that Minnesota had better not dawdle this year and screw things up for the phins.

As for Miami, Signing Feeley & acquiring Boston reduces 2 needs. While the experts expect the Dolphins will go OL, I say don't be so sure. Look at the last few years. Of course, Wanny will not be breathing down Spielman's neck so hard this year and the pick "may" actually make sense.

4. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

Ken,

The guy that wrote that mock draft said that Oakland's O-line needs an overhaul. I think he's on crack. We now have 4 starting guards and three tackles. At best, he's shooting from the hip and is seriously uninformed. The Raiders will take either Manning or Rothlisberger in my opinion.

5. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

the raiders need line help, they have 7 starters, but they all would only start for oakland or the Orlando Predators

6. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>the raiders need line help, they have 7 starters, but they all would only start for oakland or the Orlando Predators</div>

If there were any truth to that, I would agree with you about drafting Gallery. However, the team who does decide to draft him will likely not be disappointed. Locking up the tackle postion like that for the next ten years does have it's advantages.

7. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

ok who are the 7 starters?

8. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok who are the 7 starters?</div>

Wait a minute, you already admitted that they had 7 starters two posts ago. Do you really need me to show you? With the Orlando Predators wisecrack, it's worth pointing out that 5 of these lineman started in the Superbowl 14 months ago. Show some respect.

Ron Stone....Frank Middleton....Mo Collins....Barry Sims....Langston Walker....Brad Badger....Barrett Robbins....and since Lincoln Kennedy hasn't officially retired yet, you might even count him as an 8th starter. 3 tackles, 4 guards, and 1 center (counting Kennedy). Kennedy and Sims have been the starters at tackle for a few years now. They want Kennedy back, but Kennedy is unsure. If he doesn't make up his mind by draft day, then who knows. They still have Langston Walker, who has filled in for Kennedy quite nicely. He's the logical choice to take over after Kennedy retires. I still believe that they will go with one of the top QB's in the draft though. Brad Badger played in every game last season and in multiple positions which earned him a handsome pay raise this year. He's could start every game, but they choose to keep him in the backup role.

9. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>it's worth pointing out that 5 of these lineman started in the Superbowl 14 months ago. Show some respect.</div>

Is it also worth noting that Tampas front 7 whipped thier asses all over the field for 60 minutes in that game??

10. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>it's worth pointing out that 5 of these lineman started in the Superbowl 14 months ago. Show some respect.</div>

Is it also worth noting that Tampas front 7 whipped thier asses all over the field for 60 minutes in that game??</div>

Ouch.

11. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I could feel the burn through my keyboard.

12. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Well I didnt mean it to burn that badly....It was supposed to be a jab, not a haymaker....

13. The Return of the Raider

Make that 4 lineman who started that Superbowl. Robbins was deactivated 2 days before the game as we all remember.

14. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

It's a game of "What have you done for me lately?" I think the reporter is on crack. I wouldn't use the word "Overhaul", but I'm sure Gallery would be an upgrade. I think they will draft a QB or WR though. Gannon may not be a Raider opening day.