Foyle to the Magic

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by bayareafan85, Aug 22, 2007.

1. bayareafan85

bayareafan85 JBB JustBBall Member

Veteran center Adonal Foyle has agreed to terms with the Orlando Magic , according to a league source, waiting only for his agent/attorney to return to the country to announce the deal. It could come by Friday.

Foyle accepted a contractual buyout earlier this summer from the Golden State Warriors .

Foyle, 32, has played his entire 10-year NBA career with the Warriors, who made him the former Colgate University standout the No. 8 pick of the 1997 NBA Draft.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-...0,2019944.story

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Great role model for Dwight Howard. Last season Howard lead all centers in turnovers per game with 3.9. Having Foyle show him how to fumble passes, should allow Howard to get into the 4.0+ territory.

3. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Great role model for Dwight Howard. Last season Howard lead all centers in turnovers per game with 3.9. Having Foyle show him how to fumble passes, should allow Howard to get into the 4.0+ territory.</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG] He can also teach him how to throw those fancy outlet passes

4. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Great role model for Dwight Howard. Last season Howard lead all centers in turnovers per game with 3.9. Having Foyle show him how to fumble passes, should allow Howard to get into the 4.0+ territory.</div>

Lol, I started reading it thinking, what? Then you got me[​IMG]

I thnk this signing is ok, I mean, for what he is worth, it's fine. I think that Foyle and Perkins can become a deadly duo, along with Pollard off the bench.

5. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

oh my god, that's the hardest i've laughed at an internet quote in quite some time. well played sir. [​IMG]

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

LOL! I don't know if Foyle has posession of the ball long enough to be called a turnover. [​IMG] But maybe.

7. warriorsman

warriorsman BBW Member

I don't even think that Foyle is going to get much playing time because of Dwight down there. He might get more time on the Magic than he did on the Warriors(But how could he get less?).

8. Legacy

Legacy Beast

[​IMG]

At first I thought you were serious. [​IMG]

9. NTC

NTC Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Master Shake Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I thnk this signing is ok, I mean, for what he is worth, it's fine. I think that Foyle and Perkins can become a deadly duo, along with Pollard off the bench.</div>

He's off to the Magic, not the Celtics.

10. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class="quote_poster">NTC Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He's off to the Magic, not the Celtics.</div>

My bad[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

Didn't the GM or whatever of the Magic draft Foyle? I feel bad for Orlando. Who let this guy run (and perhaps ruin) that team? First he gives Rashard all that money. Foyle would only be accepted in my opinion if his contract is about the same as Lasme at about 500k per season...

12. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

You guys are seeing the signing as a bad thing. He's basically gonna step up and do what Darko did for us last season. Go in for a few minutes, play good defense and block shots. He isn't gonna be a scoring option for us. Shape, that was a funny quote but we aren't going to give him the ball downlow.

13. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You guys are seeing the signing as a bad thing. He's basically gonna step up and do what Darko did for us last season. Go in for a few minutes, play good defense and block shots. He isn't gonna be a scoring option for us. Shape, that was a funny quote but we aren't going to give him the ball downlow.</div>

Oh yeah, you're right, he'll step up. Just ask all these GS fans who have watched him the last 10 years. He's going to come in and give you guys a high-energy spark off the bench. He's a spark-plug defensively, diving for loose balls, boxing out his own teammates, and tossing full-court outlet passes into the stands. He will block shots, you're right -- he usually blocks about the same amount of his own teammates shots as he does the other team's.

You guys really picked up a veteran leader who knows what it takes to win at the highest level. He'll be a great mentor for Dwight Howard.

14. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Oh yeah, you're right, he'll step up. Just ask all these GS fans who have watched him the last 10 years. He's going to come in and give you guys a high-energy spark off the bench. He's a spark-plug defensively, diving for loose balls, boxing out his own teammates, and tossing full-court outlet passes into the stands. He will block shots, you're right -- he usually blocks about the same amount of his own teammates shots as he does the other team's.

You guys really picked up a veteran leader who knows what it takes to win at the highest level. He'll be a great mentor for Dwight Howard.</div>

Okay, see this sounds sarcastic. I didn't say that he's gonna be a mentor for Dwight. We have Patrick Ewing for that. He's a guy that is an improvement over Tony Battie and is a good defender.

15. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Adonal Foyle came to terms with the Magic on Wednesday.

Boston and Charlotte also pursued Foyle, but the 10-year veteran made no secret that he favored Orlando because of its proximity to his Caribbean roots. He hails from tiny Canouan, which is among the cluster of islands that make up St. Vincent and the Grenadines.</div>

Source

Tells you about his priorities. If he actually cared about basketball and winning he'd have gone to play with the Celtics, they actually wanted him to help them contend but he'd rather shorten the plane trips to the islands than go compete for a championship. Hes never really had a passion for basketball, hes a great guy in general but as far as basketball he really just shows up, gets his paycheck, and goes home.

16. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Okay, see this sounds sarcastic. I didn't say that he's gonna be a mentor for Dwight. We have Patrick Ewing for that. He's a guy that is an improvement over Tony Battie and is a good defender.</div>

Don't get your hopes up.

17. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Don't get your hopes up.</div>

Well, let's see Tony Battie doesn't do **** anyways. At least Adonal Foyle can block shots and defend better.

18. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Okay, see this sounds sarcastic.</div>

Hehe, sorry, I was being sarcastic. It's just that whenever a trade/signing is made, the fan-base of the destination team usually is inclined to find the "bright" spots about the transaction.

When we got Fisher, we all tried to say that he'd at least be a good mentor, who knows how to hit big shots, good presence in the locker room, blah blah blah.

Fisher sucked ass while he was here.

I can understand your trying to see the good side of getting Foyle, we're just trying to tell you not to get your hopes up, because frankly I'd rather go to the gym with only 11 guys than have Foyle as my 12th.

He's a super-duper human being, but the only activity he sees is during warm ups, when he'll annoy the hell out of his teammates by shooting half-court prayers and giggling while they are trying to practice free throws.

19. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hehe, sorry, I was being sarcastic. It's just that whenever a trade/signing is made, the fan-base of the destination team usually is inclined to find the "bright" spots about the transaction.

When we got Fisher, we all tried to say that he'd at least be a good mentor, who knows how to hit big shots, good presence in the locker room, blah blah blah.

Fisher sucked ass while he was here.

I can understand your trying to see the good side of getting Foyle, we're just trying to tell you not to get your hopes up, because frankly I'd rather go to the gym with only 11 guys than have Foyle as my 12th.

He's a super-duper human being, but the only activity he sees is during warm ups, when he'll annoy the hell out of his teammates by shooting half-court prayers and giggling while they are trying to practice free throws.</div>

[​IMG] I knew you were being sarcastic. I've seen Foyle play and sometimes he can play like a real jackass. I mean it's a definite upgrade over Tony Battie which sounds sad as hell. Also, that means Pat Garrity gets even less minutes.[​IMG]

Foyle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Garrity

We just need a guy who is a solid defensive presence and can block shots. He's gonna be like a rental Darko for us.

20. AlleyOop

Yeah, I can see the Darko comparison -- He can also stretch the D and hit the outside jumper like Darko, if needed... [​IMG] [​IMG] [/sarcasm]