From the "Hey, I remember him...whatever happened to him" file

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by wtwalker77, Jun 17, 2005.

1. wtwalker77

wtwalker77 JBB JustBBall Member

From the "Hey, I remember him...whatever happened to him" file

Ivan Chiriaev, F, Russia Once hyped as a potential lottery pick while playing high school ball in Canada, Chiriaev's fall is now complete. He's a benchwarmer in Moscow and was embarrassed by just about everyone in camp. Chiriaev still thinks he's a 7-1 point guard, but didn't show much of anything here. He can probably forget about the draft this year and every year to come.

These were Ford's comments on Chiriaeve from the Europcamp wrap. So much for Ivan the Terrible...

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Oh yeah, I remember that guy and him saying, "the NBA wants Ivan Chiriaev. The NBA needs Ivan Chiriaev." I was thinking like, "Dude, you faced pitiful competition and you didn't even post good numbers for a high schooler a foot taller than most. This guy is going to suck!"

I don't think any serious fans really paid much attention to him, other than the fact he was tall and could handle the ball some. The guy seemed like a bust, but it did spark some stupid, but entertaining topics like, "What if we had a starting five of all 7+ footers?"

pg: Ivan Chiriaev
    sg: Jonathan Bender
    sf: Nikoloz Tskitishvilli
    pf: Maciej Lampe
    c: any 7 foot center