Funn, sad and true

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jan 27, 2021.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

That is funny as hell!

3. kreidertime

I saw that on HF. I almost pissed in my pants because it's true. Quinn has no clue. Finally our fans are seeing this.

4. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

3:41 long? I'll pass.

5. mrmel29

Grevy, check it out. It’s worth the length

6. Greyvtrayn

Alright, but if I don't enjoy it it's your ass!

7. mrmel29

LOL

8. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

What's fun, sad, and true is when the Rangers win the board is dead quiet. When Quinn makes some great moves with lines and the PP, the board is dead quiet. That's sad and true.

I love DeAngelo back on PP # 1 where he belongs. I love Lafreniere shooting, and getting his first NHL goal. I love Panarin having a big game. I love Blackwell playing well.

Good effort tonight. Great job by Quinn tonight.

9. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Yes, this coach is awesome. Blackwell the future of the rangers with 15:53 TOI vs Kakko 9:55.

mrmel29 likes this.
  10. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

I didn’t like the hiring from Day 1

11. mrmel29

KAKKO played well tonight and must get more than 9:55. With his 1 timer he needs to be on our struggling PP. Quinn needs to figure ot out and get it done. The kid deserves the ice tome!

12. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Blackwell's been one of their best players so i don't have an issue with his time right now. Kakko will gradually get more going forward if he continues this way. I had a feeling when AL went out in OT something good would happen. Not sure what the deal is with Zib but he continues to look sluggish. Either way nice win, necessary win and hopefully they can build on it.

NYR Fan likes this.
  13. NYR Fan

Don't try logic 71, these guys just want to hate and complain. It's automatic. Nothing about Lafreniere getting an important role, nothing about Miller getting an important role, let me go find something I don't like so I can bit*h about Renney - I mean Torts - I mean AV - I mean Quinn.

Pathetic and predictable. If the Rangers win a lot the board will be more of a ghost town than it already is normally.

14. Greyvtrayn

You must know very little about the human psyche.
    I watched most of the game last night but was also playing poker with online with my buddies so posting on the Rangers board was low priority.
    Definitely good to see Panarin have a big night. I still think Buch's play has been impressive and think he has turned a corner. Hallelujah! LaF finally scored! He had a bunch of chances the last few games but, getting that first one out of the way is big...game winner to boot! I'm also impressed with DiGi, he is skating and battling like Kreider used to. I am heavily buying the Covid recovery for Zib's sluggish start.
    No major injuries. Bonus!

15. Ranger71

I thought it would take them about 2-3 weeks to get their sea legs and develop some continuity so that's right about where we are now. I assume Z and Kreider will get going and the goaltending just needs game reps but it's fine bascally. The one concerning thing that i don't know will be fully solvable is the PK and some the defensive cushions, since we have some slow footed defenders as a whole. Maybe they can tweak it enough to get by. The dmen need to continue getting shots through instead of deferring as much as they are, but it's improving.

16. NYR Fan

On the PK I would start playing Miller. Right now Quinn is going with Smith or Johnson paired with Trouba. I would leave Miller with Trouba and Lindgren/Fox and go from there. Last night Smith was out of position on Buffalo's PPG. Enough with him/Johnson on the PK.

Quinn made the right moves getting DeAngelo back on the 1st PP unit, now adjust the PK and away we go.

Ranger71 likes this.
  17. kreidertime

Kakko 9 minutes of ice time and not playing the first PP unit, one timing it from the right wing, one of many reasons to fire Quinn.

18. Ranger71

Miller, Fox, Kreider, Panarin and Kakko should be the pp1 right now i think. DA still seems behind the 8-ball and isn't looking for shots enough.

mrmel29 likes this.
  19. NYR Fan

I totally disagree with that. DeAngelo needs to be on PP1. They looked really good last night with a bunch of shots, and it's no coincidence DeAngelo was back on the 1st unit.

I would go with the exact unit they used last night - Z, Panarin, Buch, Fox, and DeAngelo. That's the right play right now.

You guys will always pick a player and make him the story. Again, where is the credit for Quinn playing Lafreniere in the top 6 since game 1? Where is the credit for Quinn playing Miller in the top 4 for just about every game? Enough already with the nonsense. Kakko needs to step up his game, and when he does he'll get opportunities. And I am sure he will keep getting better.

Quinn is playing to win games, and he went with the hot hands last night, and I'm okay with that. Kakko will get his eventually I have no doubt.

20. Ranger71

Ok, i can see DA being out there and he's been better in the last 2g, but i think he needs to start getting more shots. He and Fox have a good knack for catching goalies in a screen/traffic.

NYR Fan likes this.