Gallas: We're much tougher

Discussion in 'Arsenal FC' started by CelticKing, Aug 8, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<h3 id="headline" class="headline"><span>Gallas: We're much tougher</span></h3>

William Gallas has predicted the post-Thierry Henry era at Arsenal being just as exciting and more physical.</p>

Gallas believes the club have shown a toughness in pre-season following the departure of their talisman to Barcelona and expects Arsene Wenger's new-look side to challenge in the top four of the Barclays Premier League again just when rivals Tottenham look to gatecrash into the Champions League places.</p>

The Gunners were characterised as a team who passed their way to glory when Henry led their attack, but Gallas also feels there is a physical dimension to their game.</p>

The 29-year-old said: "The squad has matured, we have changed, we know we have to fight and to be compact to defend very well. I don't think a team can beat us by being more physical than us this season. I think we can give a good answer.</p>

"There are teams that just want to play the long ball and you have to be ready. You have to be physical and to fight and I think we will be physical enough to cope with that this time." </p>

[​IMG]</p>

</p>

I too think they won't miss Henry. Lot of young players but Wenger knows how to use them well to be able to win games. He's done it before. </p>

</p>

</p>

2. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'><h3 id="headline" class="headline"><span>Gallas: We're much tougher</span></h3>

William Gallas has predicted the post-Thierry Henry era at Arsenal being just as exciting and more physical.</p>

Gallas believes the club have shown a toughness in pre-season following the departure of their talisman to Barcelona and expects Arsene Wenger's new-look side to challenge in the top four of the Barclays Premier League again just when rivals Tottenham look to gatecrash into the Champions League places.</p>

The Gunners were characterised as a team who passed their way to glory when Henry led their attack, but Gallas also feels there is a physical dimension to their game.</p>

The 29-year-old said: "The squad has matured, we have changed, we know we have to fight and to be compact to defend very well. I don't think a team can beat us by being more physical than us this season. I think we can give a good answer.</p>

"There are teams that just want to play the long ball and you have to be ready. You have to be physical and to fight and I think we will be physical enough to cope with that this time." </p>

[​IMG]</p>

</p>

I too think they won't miss Henry. Lot of young players but Wenger knows how to use them well to be able to win games. He's done it before. </p>

</div></p>

Henry is one of the top 5 players in the world. They are only posturing. They couldn't play that style with Henry?</p>

-Petey</p>

3. CelticKing

Top 5 scorer yes, other than that he is not even top 10. At this point he's kind of like Ronaldo (Brazilian one), just waits for the ball and scores it. </p>

Last season they played lots of games without him and did pretty well. I know they were 4th but I actually seem them as either 2nd or 3rd this year. </p>

4. Weasel

Weasel ~~~~~~~

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Henry is one of the top 5 players in the world. They are only posturing. They couldn't play that style with Henry?</p>

-Petey </p>

</div></p>

<font color="#000080">Don't hate Petey just because Arsenal beat ManU both times last year. Arsenal played the most important part of the season (the end) without him and were able to finish 4th, not to mention they did this without their #1 and #2 strikers since both Henry and Van Persie were both out for long periods of time. Arsenal ended up beating the Spurs with their B/C team and tied Chelsea (I am sure you loved that). Arsenal did lose Henry but they have a young and hungry team. Van Persie is poised to have a great season, Cesc is an upcoming superstar, Gallas will hold down the fort in defense, and there are other players who will step up and have good talent. </font></p>

5. Petey

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weasel)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'>

-Petey </p>

</div></p>

<font color="#000080">Don't hate Petey just because Arsenal beat ManU both times last year. Arsenal played the most important part of the season (the end) without him and were able to finish 4th, not to mention they did this without their #1 and #2 strikers since both Henry and Van Persie were both out for long periods of time. Arsenal ended up beating the Spurs with their B/C team and tied Chelsea (I am sure you loved that). Arsenal did lose Henry but they have a young and hungry team. Van Persie is poised to have a great season, Cesc is an upcoming superstar, Gallas will hold down the fort in defense, and there are other players who will step up and have good talent. </font></p>

</div></p>

... I didn't say they were a bad team. But to say they won't be better with him is a bold statement.</p>

Instead of 4th, could they had nabbed the 3rd spot at the least with him healthy? I think so. So they are posturing.</p>

-Petey </p>

6. Weasel

Weasel ~~~~~~~

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'>

... I didn't say they were a bad team. But to say they won't be better with him is a bold statement.</p>

Instead of 4th, could they had nabbed the 3rd spot at the least with him healthy? I think so. So they are posturing.</p>

-Petey </p>

</div></p>

</p>

<font color="#000080">What player in any sport is going to say that they are going to be worse? You never hear that, every team and every player always says that the team will be better than last year.</font></p>

7. CelticKing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weasel)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'>

-Petey </p>

</div></p>

</div></p>

Don't forget Fabregas. He's one of my favorite players. </p>

</p>

I've always had love for Arsenal. (except when they play man utd) [​IMG]</p>

8. Petey

-Petey </p>

</div></p>

</p>

<font color="#000080">What player in any sport is going to say that they are going to be worse? You never hear that, every team and every player always says that the team will be better than last year. </font></p>

</div></p>

That's why I said it was posturing. Nothing more.</p>

To think Henry held back every other gunner from playing physical is silly.</p>

-Petey</p>

9. Weasel

Weasel ~~~~~~~

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'>

</p>

I've always had love for Arsenal. (except when they play man utd) [​IMG] </p>

</div></p>

<font color="#000080">He is my favorite player right now on Arsenal. I mentioned him, I just call him by his nickname "Cesc." I see great things from him, he is already proven he is a good player and I think he can go really far in terms of talent. He is an exciting player to watch.</font></p>

10. CelticKing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weasel)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'>

</p>

I've always had love for Arsenal. (except when they play man utd) [​IMG] </p>

</div></p>

<font color="#000080">He is my favorite player right now on Arsenal. I mentioned him, I just call him by his nickname "Cesc." I see great things from him, he is already proven he is a good player and I think he can go really far in terms of talent. He is an exciting player to watch.</font></p>

</div></p>

lol, sorry about that. Somehow in my mind I was thinking you were talking about Rosicky. (another IMO great player)</p>

As for Cesc, he'll probably be the captain pretty soon.</p>

11. Weasel

Weasel ~~~~~~~

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weasel)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'>

-Petey </p>

</div></p>

</p>

<font color="#000080">What player in any sport is going to say that they are going to be worse? You never hear that, every team and every player always says that the team will be better than last year. </font></p>

</div></p>

That's why I said it was posturing. Nothing more.</p>

To think Henry held back every other gunner from playing physical is silly.</p>

-Petey </p>

</div></p>

<font color="#000080">I think it is more the media twisting what Gallas said around because Gallas, directly with the quotes provided, never said that Arsenal was tougher now since Henry left. It seemed he was suggesting that Arsenal is now tougher because they are older and wiser to a point where they have become tough both physically and mentally. </font></p>