GAME 2

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Pastafazul, May 3, 2014.

1. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

this to me is the pivitol game.. i don't believe for a second the rangers should play with less pressure on them.. detroit may have done that after beating the favorite in game 1 of their series, and we all know what happened after that...

rangers need to show some balls!!!! they need to come out with an attitude, some great forechecks and some great hits.. the goals will come with fluery in net, we got to him early which was good, pitt tightened up but fell apart again in game in OT!

and don't worry so much about nash scorng, he is contributing on the defensive end, and he is getting chances, he will score !

AV, loved him all year, he needs to get the right personnel on ice at all times, hopefullly he will get it done before its too late.. DIAZ on PP, at this point , that is a weakest part of our game, j moore , who came on strong has not been a factor.

hanks has been solid, the D cannot let down!

Game 2 , BRING IT ON!

GO RANGERS!

2. papadoc080

papadoc080 Member

This Rangers team reminds me a lot of the LA Kings team that came from nowhere a couple of years ago. They stunk in the beginning of the year but turned it at the end to make the playoffs. We were sitting pretty well for the playoffs a couple of weeks before the end of the season but we stunk in the beginning. We made some trades to upgrade during the year and so did they. Quick was on fire that year and although Hank hasn't been on fire, he has the best #s of any goalie left similar to Rask. I'm not saying the outcome will be the same although we all hope it is but I just thought the similarities were worth mentioning.

3. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

You make the playoffs, you have a shot......at the....Lord Stanley Cup.
    That is what the remaining 8 teams are hoping.

4. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Anything can happen. Eight teams remaining. This is the fun time.

5. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Should be an interesting game tonight. Smart money on the Pens tonight, they know if they go down 2-0 losing both at home they are pretty much done. So they will come out crazy. Let's see how the Rangers come out. I am hoping they also come out with some urgency and play a strong game, then let the chips fall where they may, all we can ask for tonight.

At some point in this series I truly believe the Rangers will win a game with a lead in the series and end the streak. We'll see if that is tonight or if we get to 13 straight L's with a series lead.

6. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    There is too much talent on that team to say losing tonighta game and its over. The rangers are not a dominating home team.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

7. chuckd3534

As we ALWAYS say, anything can happen Al. But if you look at the %'s of teams falling behind 2-0 losing both at home, and still winning the series, I bet it is like 5% at best.

Of course you have to play the games still. Of course nothing is written in stone. But if the Pens lose tonight trust me, they know their chances are small they win the series.

They will play their best game tonight IMO.

8. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    no doubt tonight we should see the Pens play desperate hockey. no one wants to go down 2 games with 3 of the next 4 away.
    of all teams though, this pittsburgh team has enough offense to come back from 2 games down.

9. AV!

AV! Banned User BANNED

Hank has been solid......not hardly he gave up a 2-0 lead and we barely beat philly in the previous series

10. chuckd3534

Sometimes you make me smile Al I must admit. No one is saying shut it down, don't play the series anymore, just advance the Rangers...LOL.

But the chances of the Pens coming back with an L tonight are VERY slim. Just look at the numbers my friend.

On top of that, to say of all teams Pitt has the O to come back, I just don't buy it fully. Pitt is not that good my friend. They certainly can still win games due to their high end talent upfront as you mentioned, but they are not that good of a team.

And win or lose tonight I still feel this is an easier series for us than the Flyer series. But if by some small chance we win tonight, and I say small chance because I expect Pitt to play a big game tonight, we win this series for sure no doubt in my mind. Heck I felt that if we won game 1 we'd win the series, and I still feel that way.

11. chuckd3534

Yeah, Hank has been pretty bad. Can't believe he held Philly to 1 goal in game 7 and then backed that up by holding the high powered Pens to 2 goals in their building in game 1. Crappy stuff really.

12. AV!

AV! Banned User BANNED

wrong on both counts had a 2-0 lead in game 2 vs Flyers and choked. Game 5 he gave up 1 goal in the second and third period w/less than a minute in each frame to a team that wasnt suppose to make the playoffs (almost choked) ...let alone take the Rangers to seven games. Game 6 Hank got his ass handed to him by the Flyers only to get his ass pulled. Then had a 2-goal lead squandered in game 1 against the Pens.
    The Pens arent fearing Hank because they know he is a mystery that is very capable of messing a game up himself......all talk chuck but doesnt know crap. The Rangers in your mind need to get that extra skater which they dont need because AV knows how to utilize the offense, Same Chuck but a different day

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  13. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Give it a rest stealth.

14. papadoc080

papadoc080 Member

Hey AV, your local bar just called and wanted me to pass along to you that it's free beer day today so you never have to hit the hangover stage. Hurry up and get there my friend. Stay Drunk AV. Stay Very Drunk.

15. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The Rangers always have a habit as we know of letting down when up a game so it'll be a minor miracle in itself if they go up 2-0.

16. AV!

AV! Banned User BANNED

You and Prodigy have these lame comback posts because the truth hurts....that Flyers series should have never went 7, should have been 5
    Hank is the reason it went seven

17. Messiah717

What I like about tonight is that you're beyond happy if they win it but not devastated if they lose.

18. Messiah717

He allowed one goal in three of the games and two goals twice but yeah he's the reason. You're clueless.

19. SaveLundy

SaveLundy Active Member

+1

All the pressure is on Pitt and MAF, If they play a solid game and minimize pitts opportunities we can take game 2.

20. AV!

AV! Banned User BANNED

you are clueless...Pens arent fearing Hank +5