Game 4 finals rigged??

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Cippy91, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

I bring this up now as opposed to the other day because a guy that uploads highlights uploaded a referee highlight which he's never done. I watch it again and a couple things pop out to me. This game was called very unlike the three games before it. It was completely obvious especially in the first quarter I started getting bored of all the calls. I think the cavs had like 20 free throws in the first quarter, something like that. Golden state wasn't allowed to be aggressive at all and there were so many calls I thought were nothing looking back over it especially in the first quarter. The only time they started to call fouls on the cavs was when they were up by at least 20. I know people just hate when you call out games for being rigged but given I don't have a dog in this race and the NBA has been involved in this type of behavior before, it wouldn't surprise me especially since ratings have apparently been at it's highest for a finals. Maybe the refs were just shitty, that's totally plausible but looking back over these calls, it's tough to say.

rasheedfan2005 likes this.
  2. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

i actually watched this whole video.
    First questionable call I saw was when Curry fouled Shumpert on the break.
    With the angles shown certainly looked like an acting job.
    However who knows what the ref saw who was right on top of the play.
    Going with the ref here because he was in position to make a call.

Second was the McGee call when he blocked Jefferson.
    He fouled Jefferson down low with a hand check on his off arm.
    I don't like the call. But that's why bigs are taught to block it with both hands, not one.

The refs should have called a flagrant on green on the jump ball.
    Don't like the second tech on Green, he gets away with worse than that the whole season/playoffs and suddenly that's a tech. Okay...
    Maybe he said a magic word who knows.

Rest of the video is a joke. The "moving screens, or holding" he showed for "earlier in the game" is stupid.
    That happens on every possession, and usually they're not called.
    Showing a couple that were called vs a couple that weren't called and saying this game was rigged is bunk.
    I bet if someone went back and looked at the game tape. You could find no calls on GSW for holding & moving screens.

BonesJones and UKRAINEFAN like this.
  3. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

4. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Don't refs make like $30k per game in the finals? More games = more pay? In any case, NBA officiating is completely lacking in any consistency. I watch games and have no clue what may or may not be called as a foul. Guy gets hacked goin in for a layup, whistle is blown, and i still dont fucking know. The guy who hacked him might be shooting free throws for all i know. There is no rhyme or reason and the announcers on national broadcast go right along with it.

5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I disagree with this.
    I used to hate van Gundy as a coach. Whiny little scrappy bitch I thought.

Dude calls the refs out all the time. He speaks his mind. He says things like, "This is not a good look for the Nba"
    He isn't going along with anything he doesn't think is right.
    and I got mad respect for that.

6. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    No way the NBA wanted a sweep. Gf is from the Bay Area and a Blazers/Warriors fan. I told her there was no way the Warriors were going to win that game but she went out with her friends to watch anyhow.

Eastoff and Chris Craig like this.
  7. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Warriors can overcome officiating if they all get hot from three at the same time. That's the one thing about their game that can't be controlled.

In a single game they can always win. They just didn't.

8. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Don't we all have to admire excellence though?

9. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    That video didn't show that the game was rigged, it showed that the refs tend to miss calls and are inconsistent. I thought it was funny that JVG complains all the time that a foul is a foul, etc...yet complained that they called foul when it was a foul.

And Mark Jackson, my god, who does he have dirt on?

Stevenson likes this.
  10. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

I'm certain that the NBA "adjusts" officiating based on what they want the outcome of the game to be. But a lot of those calls were just typical NBA.

Chris Craig likes this.
  11. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Haven't watched one second of this turd of an NBA finals. No way in hell am I going to watch some tin foil hat conspiracy theory video about this turd of an NBA finals.

Who really gives a fuck if the NBA is trying to draw this out? It's still a POS and GSW will win. It was preordained the moment the 4-time scoring champ and former MVP joined the 73-win team.

These finals remind me of "reality" TV. The only drama is manufactured drama designed to suck in the clueless, drooling masses.

BNM

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  12. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

Most of those fouls that was call on the warriors was correct. The problem is they have allow the warriors to play that way so long without calls they believe it alright. But they had officials that call those tactics that the warriors does on the court and they didn't adjust the way the game was call period.

BBert likes this.
  13. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

I'm just confused how Draymond didn't get ejected

14. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Yup, it was all the refs.

dviss1, Jon and PtldPlatypus like this.
  15. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I was talking about this after game 2, whether the refs were going to switch favor to the cavs to stretch the finals. Many of you said that was absurd and wouldn't happen. Well I'm not sure if the cavs had the benefit of the refs in game 3, but it didn't help them if they did. In gamer four however the refs were on their side in a big way. 22 free throws in the first quarter alone for the Cavs. It seems the refs might be working to help stretch the finals after all. I will say this. The cavs were far more physical in game 4, and the more physical team usually gets the calls

16. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    Game 4 of horribly officiated but it wasn't a rigged game. Sure cleveland shot 24 FT's in the first quarter but they only shot 7 FT's after that and the Warriors shot more overall FT's. The foul disparity was 27 GS 24 Cavs, not a big disparity there. You can be mad at the shitty officiating but it didn't cause the Cavs to hit 24 3's nor did it cause Green to shoot more times then both Curry and Thompson.

Chris Craig likes this.
  17. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Late to this, but I agree with those who say there's no way it was rigged. The officiating wasn't good, IMO, but nothing suggests it was purposely biased one way and the league or network (depending who you think would drive the conspiracy) has a lot more to lose from being found out than they have to gain by extending the series by a game.

Cleveland won game 4 because they shot an insane number of threes (45) and hit an even more absurd percentage of them (53.3%). Imagine if they had hit a still-great but far more reasonable percentage of their 45 threes, 40%. They'd have hit 18 threes instead of 24. 6 threes is 18 points, or almost the entire margin of victory.

It was actually a smart tactical decision: the team with less to lose (in the more desperate position) should want to engage in a higher volatility strategy--and jacking up threes like there's no tomorrow is the highest-volatility strategy available in basketball. And it worked. They rolled the dice and got sixes--lots of sixes.

18. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    Nothing pisses me off more than Refs controlling and administering fouls. With this course, I as a fan, would rather switch to Utube Russian fail vids.