Game 6 will Panarin ever find his small nuts?

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jun 10, 2022.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

This guy has shown zero balls pretty much this entire playoffs.

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

3. PorterPanzer

PorterPanzer Active Member

If he's been hurt that might explain his erratic play, might be more offseason pain when Strome is sent packing.

4. kreidertime

On one hand the Rangers have had a great season and a long playoff run. On the other hand they should have learned by these playoffs what not do with the first and second overall pick. That's develop them at a snails pace. One can only think if they got close to the icetime of Hughes or Zegras how much less the team would be effected by Panarin's and Strome's shit play in the post season.

5. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

If they have any chance Tampa has to just be flat tonight

6. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I doubt Tampa will be flat, but the Rangers have to play very well and maybe Shest can help steal them a game. Keep things simple and avoid dumb mistakes.

7. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This team has been resilient so I'm hopeful they put up a good fight.

8. mrmel29

Mercogliano saying he’s hearing kakko getting scratched for REEVES! Holy shit if this is true because if it is kakko is gone this offseason as I don’t see a way you can bring him back from this with Rooney and reeves playing over him if he’s healthy. Gallant making a panic move and will need a 4 leaf clover up his ass to make this work if true!

9. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

Only reason you dress Reaves is to have him pull a Kane and put Kucherov through the boards illegally and end his playoffs. Other than that there is zero need to dress Reaves for ANYONE. Scratching Kakko, unless due to an injury, for Reaves is grounds for termination. I don’t care how far we are in the playoffs, that’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard of true.

10. mrmel29

Reeves is too slow to get close enough to put anyone thru the boards much less kucherov. In fact, Tampa has been checking and knocking down reeves all series without a response back from him except for his sneer and useless laugh where he looks like a jackass. Kakko one of the last ones off the ice at practice which usually means scratch. Holy shit what a terrible move!

11. mrmel29

Now I’m pissed off at Tampa and gallant.

12. kreidertime

Disappointing. Let’s hope he knows what he’s doing

13. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised and disappointed if Kakko is not in the lineup tonight. However, calling for Gallant to be fired for it is non-sense. Take that walk with me here...A first year coach taking over a team in rebuild mode with a track record of getting way more out of his team than virtually everyone expected getting fired after losing in the conference finals to the two time defending Stanley Cup champions because he sat a player who is supposed to be the cornerstone of the franchise for years to come but is underperforming. What type of coach is going to look at that situation and say "I want to coach for that organization!"? I'll tell you the answer. Not a good coach.

14. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I'll say this, I think Kakko has really struggled and he looks lost on the ice right now. I don't see much from him at all. With that said, based just on talent and skill alone no way you can scratch him for Reaves, that would be a terrible move. Reaves is almost a 0, and doesn't add much, especially against a team like TB. Kakko at least has skill and can make a play if he gets his S together. I see no upside with this move if it happens.

Of course Gallant won't get fired for it, but it would be a terrible move, and certainly wouldn't do Kakko's mental makeup any favors, and he is a guy we need to start performing up to his talent next season.

15. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's clear Gallant has little use for Kakko as he's barely getting 10 mins a night, which is close to what the 4th liners are getting. At face value it looks a terrible move and if he's indeed a healthy scratch i would not be surprised at all if he pushes for a move this summer.

16. kreidertime

Kakko had some tough injuries this year. However, the biggest fuck up all season Gallant did was not play Lafreniere and Kakko a lot and give them PP time. We said that all year. Gallant relies way too much on vets at forward. It's ass fucking him now. Panarin has been far, far, worse than Kakko this playoffs. If Gallant had some balls and benched him early on in the playoffs, his game might have been very different right now.

17. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

Kakko has struggled without a doubt, but are we neglecting the fact that he would’ve drawn 3 penalties last game had the refs not decided to swallow their whistled against Tampa. And a struggling Kakko is still 200 times better than Reaves. If you want Reaves in there then scratch Rooney. You don’t break up the only line that has consistently preformed for you. Gallant is showing why he’s been run outta town twice. Old school hockey, with big pylons like Reaves don’t need to be put in unless a team is playing dirty and Reaves will stop it. So far Tampa had made Reaves their bitch.

18. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Juggling the lines will only drive this team deeper into oblivion

19. kreidertime

Well let’s hope he knows what he’s doing

20. PorterPanzer

PorterPanzer Active Member

Kakko has one SOG the last 3 games makes no effort to drive to the net. As you wrote in another post Mel - no balls and at this point in time I agree. Don't think it means he's gone but Kappo needs a wakeup call. He's done nothing to earn extra minutes. If Gallant sits him tonight I have no problem but I'd be surprised. He'll be back in the Lineup for game 7. Let's Go Rangers!