Game 7 Preview

Discussion in 'Dallas Mavericks' started by dee still ballin, May 17, 2003.

1. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">

DALLAS (Ticker) -- The Dallas Mavericks hope to duplicate their Game Seven success from the first round of the NBA playoffs when they take on the Sacramento Kings in the Western Conference semifinals on Saturday at the American Airlines Center.

The Mavericks defeated the Portland Trail Blazers in their first-round series in Game Seven, 107-95, to avoid becoming the first team in NBA history to lose a playoff series after winning the first three games.

On Thursday, the Mavs failed in their first attempt to reach the conference finals for the first time since 1988, falling at Sacramento, 115-109.

Peja Stojakovic contributed 24 points and 10 rebounds and Doug Christie added 20, nine and six assists for the Kings, who made an astounding 31-of-32 free-throw attempts.

Nick Van Exel scored 35 points, Dirk Nowitzki chipped in 21 and 12 rebounds and Michael Finley 21 and seven for Dallas, which trailed, 111-109, before Walt Williams missed a go-ahead 3-point attempt with 12 seconds left.

The Kings beat the Mavs in five games in the conference semifinals last season.

The winner of the contest will play at San Antonio on Monday in Game One of the Western Conference finals.

The Mavs finished one game ahead of Sacramento in the regular season by defeating the Spurs, who had already secured home-court advantage throughout the playoffs, in the final game of the campaign.

Dallas won Games Two and Five here after losing its previous five home contests to Sacramento.

</div>

I hope Van Exel, Finlay Nash and of course Dirk, help take the Mavs to the WCF, to take on Telly and Parker. LETS GO MAVS!!! BEAT THE KINGS IN GAME 7

2. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

i dunno im torn, i dont know who i want to win, origionaly i had the kings but now since la is gone i wanna texas wcf