Game 7: Utah Jazz @ Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by CelticBalla32, May 5, 2007.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div align="center">[​IMG]
    (4) [​IMG] <span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">@</span> [​IMG] (5)
    <span style="font-family:Arial Black"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Series Tied 3-3</span></span>
    May 5, 2007 - 9:30 pm ET
    <span style="color:#FF0000">Game on TNT</span></div>

<span style="color:#6666CC">Utah Jazz</span> <span style="color:#3366FF">(3-3)</span>
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <span style="color:#3366FF">PG</span> <span style="color:#6666CC">Deron Williams</span> <span style="color:#3366FF">SG</span> <span style="color:#6666CC">Derek Fisher</span> <span style="color:#3366FF">SF</span> <span style="color:#6666CC">Andrei Kirilenko</span> <span style="color:#3366FF">PF</span> <span style="color:#6666CC">Carlos Boozer</span> <span style="color:#3366FF">C</span> <span style="color:#6666CC">Mehmet Okur</span>

<span style="color:#3366FF">Key Bench Players:</span> <span style="color:#6666CC">Matt Harpring, Gordan Giricek, Paul Millsap, Jarron Collins</span>

<span style="color:#FF0000">Houston Rockets</span> <span style="color:#000000">(3-3)</span>
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <span style="color:#000000">PG</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">Rafer Alston</span> <span style="color:#000000">SG</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">Tracy McGrady</span> <span style="color:#000000">SF</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">Shane Battier</span> <span style="color:#000000">PF</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">Chuck Hayes</span> <span style="color:#000000">C</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">Yao Ming</span>

<span style="color:#000000">Key Bench Players:</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">Juwan Howard, Luther Head, Dikembe Mutombo, Kirk Snyder</span>

Injury Report
    <span style="color:#000000">HOU:</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">Bonzi Wells is not with the team</span>

Who To Watch Out For
    [​IMG]
    <span style="color:#6666CC">Carlos Boozer</span>
    <span style="color:#3366FF">Series Stats: 22.8 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 3.2 apg</span>
    [​IMG]
    <span style="color:#6666CC">Deron Williams</span>
    <span style="color:#3366FF">Series Stats: 15.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 7.5 apg</span>
    [​IMG]
    <span style="color:#6666CC">Mehmet Okur</span>
    <span style="color:#3366FF">Series Stats: 10.2 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.7 apg, 2.0 spg, 1.5 bpg</span>
    [​IMG]
    <span style="color:#FF0000">Tracy McGrady</span>
    <span style="color:#000000">Series Stats: 24.7 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 6.3 apg</span>
    [​IMG]
    <span style="color:#FF0000">Yao Ming</span>
    <span style="color:#000000">Series Stats: 24.5 ppg, 11.0 rpg</span>
    [​IMG]
    <span style="color:#FF0000">Shane Battier</span>
    <span style="color:#000000">Series Stats: 9.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 2.0 apg</span>

<span style="color:#6666CC">Utah's Keys to the Game</span>
    <span style="color:#3366FF">- Kirilenko has to show up again.
    - Okur needs to make sure he knocks down his outside shots again.
    - Make Yao work on both ends of the floor.
    - Help defense.
    - Take advantage of the size mismatches (in Utah's favor).
    - Attack and make sure the easy opportunities don't turn into blown opportunities.</span>

<span style="color:#FF0000">Houston's Keys to the Game</span>
    <span style="color:#000000">- Both stars need to play effectively.
    - T-Mac needs to take it to the basket more often.
    - Make sure the defense is in sync.
    - Rebound! Utah is a good rebounding team, Houston needs to make sure they control the glass.
    - Somebody off the bench needs to have a big impact.
    - Take advantage of the home court and momentum.</span>

<div align="center">Key Matchup
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    <span style="color:#6666CC">Carlos Boozer</span> <span style="color:#000000">vs.</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">Yao Ming</span></div>

CelticBalla's Prediction
    Here we go! Game 7! Man, I hope Houston can pull this one out. Tracy McGrady is too great of a player to never make it out of the 1st round, let's go! I'll pick Houston.

2. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

Each team has taken advantage of home court. However I am pulling for Utah to win this series.

3. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

This has turned out to be a great series...2nd best series of the 1st round in my opinion...GS vs Dallas being #1, and I'd say NJ vs. Tor would be #3....Anyway, I hope T-Mac finally gets one. I really love watching him play...He's one of my favourite players to watch, and I hope he can finally silence the critics and get out of the 1st round...If he does....I think they can easily take GS...Golden State is a good matchup for them...I think they will be able to counter GS's "small ball" approach really well....especially when they have a 7"6 star center on their team.

4. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

Nitro1118's Keys To The Game (Rockets):-Superstars need to play like superstars. T-Mac has been crap in games they lost, and fantastic in games they have won. They nee dhim creating shots for others, as well as being agressive as a scorer. Putting pressure on Utah's defense is key. As for Yao, he can't turn it over, and has to focus more on getting better position down low (if I see him take a 13ft fadeaway again I will kill myself).-Defense. The WHOLE year the Rockets have won games on their suffocating defense, but this Jazz team has ripped them apart and shot in the upper 40's. They need to help much more on the 3pt shooter, no cheating, help defense on Boozer has to be there, and hands always nee dot be up for deflections. The successful defensive possessions for the Rockets have been a result of deflecting passes. -Role players NEED to step up. 6 role players NEED to step up offensively. They ahve to be agressive, stay within their limitations, and play with spirit. T-Mac and Yao can do what they want, but the role players are what will win this game 7.-Start off with a bang. In all 6 games they have been down at halftime, and while they have won half of those games, they can't expect another massive burst in the 2nd half or a huge Jazz slump. The role players need to come out firing, T-Mac needs to hit some shots, and Yao needs to establish himself as unstoppable down low. Defense also needs to come out with a few stops and turnovers.-Play with an uptempo flow. The 3pt shooting the Rockets have is fantastic, and if they keep the game uptempo they can get some open 3pt shots with the Jazz scrambling around. Easy baskets are uncommon vs the Jazz, but a few fastbreaks will loosen it up a bit.-Limit turnovers, collapse on the boards. The common theme with the Rockets, in terms of when they lose the games, is they have an enormous amount of turnovers and get outrebounded. This cannot be allowed tonight. They need to play with precision, and have to be agressive for rebounds.-Play with energy and heart. In a game 7, actual execution is very important, but outhustling the other team is also very important. They need to play like they are hungry and want it more (and they should, as if they win this game they have a GREAT shot at getting to the Conference Finals).

5. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

Go Jazz. This game will really tell if Deron and Booz are going to be superstars in the future, if they can step up and have a big game than the Jazz should win the series.

6. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redneck @ May 5 2007, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Go Jazz. This game will really tell if Deron and Booz are going to be superstars in the future, if they can step up and have a big game than the Jazz should win the series.</div>
    This game will determine Deron Williams' star status? [​IMG]

7. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

This should be a real good game. Momentum has swung back and forth all series, with the home team winning every game. I cant deny that. McGrady will have a huge game and win his first series.

8. YarnIdge

YarnIdge BBW Elite Member

Houston down 24-37 with 8 mins left in 1st half....

9. Nitro1118

Well, so far all of the things I listed as the Rockets' keys have all gone the other way, and the Rockets are getting their asses kicked...

10. YarnIdge

YarnIdge BBW Elite Member

Yeah...u jinxed us Nitro...J/k

11. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

If TMac keeps passing, Yao makes some shots, and TMac takes better shots himself, the Rockets have a better chance.Oh Yeah, and it would help if Houston realized Carlos Boozer is friggin' awesome.

12. Nitro1118

That burst going into halftime was very nice. Yao has really hurt the Rockets with his defense on Boozer and stalling the offense. The way the Rockets slipped at the very end of the 2nd half, going from only 4pts down to 10, will end up hurting them big time in the long run.

13. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Houston's coming back, TMac won't let these guys get eliminated in the 1st round.

14. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING GAME!!!IF YOU'RE NOT WATCHING YOU'RE SERIOUSLY MISSING OUT. THIS IS GREAT BASKETBALL!!!!!!

15. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Four point game, I hate Loozer damn it. Houston needs a quick two and then a foul.

16. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

I really feel bad for McGrady, I hope they could pull this one out, but I don't think they are going to be able to.sh*t. I hope the Warriors kill the Jazz for kicking McGrady out.

17. ElMaster

ElMaster BBW Elite Member

It's so f*cking frustrating to be a Rockets fan, I should just quit watching the NBA, I can't take this anymore [​IMG]

18. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

McChoker looses again!!!!!

19. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Tough luck for McGrady. I really like Houston but I found myself rooting for the Jazz. The 2nd round match-up against the Warriors should be good.

20. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ May 6 2007, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>McChoker looses again!!!!!</div>I dont think McGrady choked... [​IMG] He did all he could, I thought Yao looked awful at times though..