Game of Thrones SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by PapaG, Jun 13, 2011.

1. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Just watched last night's episode. Holy crap, that was just incredible television. I can't believe next week is the Season One finale. If GoT doesn't win mulitiple Emmy's, they should just disband the entire idea of having the award. I was a huge fan of The Sopranos, but I think that Season One of GoT beats out S1 of The Sopranos. Plus, the locations across Europe and north Africa are simply perfect (and costly, I'm sure).

Peter Dinklage should win a supporting actor award as well, and the entire cast should win the ensemble award. Sean Bean was fantastic as Ned Stark ... too bad we won't get to see more of him!

2. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

Re: Game of Thrones

OMG SPOILERS!

Lanny likes this.
  3. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Great first season. They have adapted the material well. Yet we're only getting started.

4. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

How can you spoil an episode that already aired? If people start spoiling things for the book that haven't been seen yet on an episode, then that's a spoiler.

5. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

I read all the books. Cant wait for Dance with Dragons next month! The series has been great, the books are superior. Which is usually the case anyway. FUCK JOFFERY!!!! LONG LIVE WINTERFELL! WINTER IS COMING!

6. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

Is it me, or does that kid remind you of Malfoy?

7. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

An inbred version of Malfoy. Has the Lannister features, but his eyes are too close together, and he isn't particularly bright.

Perfect casting for that role. Poor kid won't be able to play anything other than inbred roles for the rest of his career (Deliverance 2, perhaps?), but they nailed that one for GoT.

[​IMG]

8. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...off with his head!

9. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    They did so much better then I thought possible. I read the books years ago and this series has made me go back and start rereading the books. This damn well better be picked up for a second season if they haven't been already.

10. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Definitely plays the villain very well. Most of us hardcore ASOIAF fans know exactly whats going to happen, but seeing it come to life on screen still pisses me off! The one thing I learned about this series compared to other fantasy novels I have read, is never to get attached to characters. Martin kills them off all the time.

Anyone else have the hots for DANY? She wasnt talked about very much in the books, but damn, she hot in the television series!

Favorite Characters: Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, and Arya Stark. The story of Dany and the Dorthraki is probably the most intriguing at this point in the series followed by the shit going down at the wall.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
  11. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I am 5 episodes in and love it! Do they follow the books pretty close.

12. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

In related news, Sean Bean got stabbed with a broken glass in a bar fight, patched himself up with a bar first aid kit, and proceeded to drink the night away with his Playmate companion (April Summers). Boss.

13. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Yes... they leave a lot of detail out, and you get to "know" the characters (and the world) better in the books... I've read them about five times and I pick up something new every time. I work with a woman who hasn't read the books and has been sort of ... adrift ... as she watches the show. She's started reading the book and it's enriching the show for her.

The book can really go into some detail about characters that simply don't matter... but they can be introduced as if they do, and you never know. The show necessarily has to cut down on the number of speaking characters and/or people referenced.

An example: the show mentions Beric Dondarrion but not the Red Priest of Myr. Why? Because mentioning all the characters is impossible (I bet that most non-readers didn't even pay attention to/can't remember when Dondarrion is introduced in the show... not a slam on the show or the memories of the viewers... just there's so much going on).

Another example: Anguy the archer. He won the archery competition in the games held by the Hand (remember the jousting?) but he wasn't mentioned in the show... and had just a bit part in the first book, but he appears in another context later in the series.

It's stuff like that that makes the books so rich that the show just can't replicate... but the show is good in and of itself, and I'm always happy to hear when non-readers like it :)

Ed O.

14. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
  15. MrJayremmie

MrJayremmie Well-Known Member

finishing the 4th book of that series. I heard it was going to be turned into a TV series. That is awesome.

16. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Cant wait for the finale. I've really enjoyed this series and HBO already picked up BOOK 2 CLASH of KINGS. Consolation to this ending is TRUE BLOOD takes its place! SOOKIE!!!!!!!

17. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    Those are my favorite characters in the book and the show, can't wait for season 2 :)

18. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Gotta wait a whole freaking YEAR! I love TRUE BLOOD and GAME, but damn, why such a long wait? Why not BI ANNUALLY!!!!! DAMMIT! lol

19. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

That was amazing.

20. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

dragons oh shit