Game on

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Sep 17, 2018.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Glad to see some white has returned to my T.V. that doesn't yell, scream and cry about social injustice every other second.

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Beautiful shorthanded breakaway goal by lias anderson

3. mrmel29

Looks like rangers will be allowed to hit this year without being benched. Good to see!!

4. kreidertime

Andersson is always in the right place. Unlike most of our dumb forwards. Despite what the tard, wanna be scouts on HF say, his skating is fine. Pionk is also in the right place a lot and looks good. McLeod is a schmuck. He was to blame for the first goal as he didn't take his man. DeAngelo making dumb, low percentage plays as usual. Gettinger is very slow. He needs to work on his skating quite a bit. Buchnevich to me is lazy. I just don't see drive in this guy.

5. kreidertime

Lindqvist looks clueless. He should be in the AHL tomorrow. Meskanen seems to have some good size and speed. DeAngelo is a moron. He keeps making the same pass behind his net down the center of the ice. Stop doing it you freakin moron.

6. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

You must not be a Fox News fan....

7. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Hard to see Georgiev not being the backup, unless Tokarski is lights out or something. Hopefully Nieves is ok. It's way early but i don't really see Gettinger being an NHL regular over time.

8. kreidertime

Andersson and Pionk really stood out. I've believe Buchnevich when I actually see him play hard consistently.

9. mrmel29

Buch looked good yesterday and looks bigger and stronger

10. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Good to see some hockey back. Given how putrid the Giants looked Sunday I left work early yesterday to watch the whole thing and make sure my brain is in hockey mode.

It's always tough to judge vets in pre-season, but Kreider looked very fast when he wanted to. I think it's a good thing he's kept those extra 15 pounds off. He's still one of the biggest guys on the ice. Hayes and Buchnevich also looked fine. Staal was also solid - kept it simple and made no mistakes. He had a decent bounce-back year last year, hopefully he keeps that going.

The standout obviously was Lias. I wanted Middlestadt in that draft but there's no denying that Andersson can be a player. Very smart and always goes hard. He's not going to be the most skilled or fast guy on the ice and needs to rely on his IQ, but if yesterday is any indication he'll be just fine.

I also liked Meskanen. He's been a sleeper to make this team; we can really use his right shot on a wing.

Nieves looked brutal. He may be at the end of his line here.

Defensively, Lindgren looks very solid and very poised. Was surprised how well he moves. O'Gara still too slow. And rough debut for Claesson but he's another vet who will get it going. Finally, Pionk clearly outplayed DeAngelo. DeAngelo is flashy and comfortable with the puck in the offensive zone, but he doesnt hold gaps and is constantly looking for the home run when he gets the puck in the d zone. I know DeAngelo needs waivers, but Pionk is an NHL player right now and we would be doing both him and the team a disservice not finding a way to get him into the lineup.

Yeesh

11. kreidertime

I swear, DeAngelo's gay NJ friends must post on HF. They suck him off over there no matter how bad he plays. They said Pionk had a bad game and DeAngelo clearly outplayed him. Either they know nothing about the sport of hockey or they are getting in the ass from TDA. Like I told those morons. There is a reason you get traded twice before the age of 22. You suck.

12. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I think DA will be waived this time around, though it's not a given he would even be claimed. Nieves could be in some trouble wuth what looks like another concussion.

13. kreidertime

Love the coach already calling out his team for being pussies and doing nothing about the hit. Just one more reason they signed McQuaid.