Game: Sixers @ Kings

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Sasha, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

In our second game, we are showing no type of force in the offensive field. It's rather sad to watch, though we may be close, it is mainly because of Sacramento's faults, turnovers, fouls, etc. Even with Chris Webber siting out, we are not showing any type of advantage. Though that may be due to Sacramento's large backcourt duo of Divac and Miller.

I think a bit of our fluke play is because of Allen's injury, his shot is not where it should be. We know he isn't such a great shooter but 3-10 and 9 points is not getting it done! Another thing that is probably hurting us is that he has switched up positions during some times of the game. Though Coach Ayers likes this idea, I think it's bad, because he has progressed in the shooting guard position, and the point guard position. This of course forces Eric to play the shooting guard role, which I think he hasn't had the chance to play his whole career, he is a point guard, not a shooting guard. He cannot get many points as he is not accustomed to it. Coach Ayers may realize that this is the problem, let's hope he does for the sake of the team.

Let's see what happens in the second part of the game!

2. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

Game 2, Loss @ Sacramento!

Our second game of the season fell into the hands of the Sacramento Kings, and boy was it ugly. The team chemistry was just not there, even though the guys scored in double figures, we didn't pull it together to get the win. A huge part of the loss was due to Glenn's not being able to play, as he was out due to his 3-game suspension. The thing that scared me the most was that if we had lost against them without Webber, imagine what kind of damage they could have done with him playing. Our overall trips down the court were bad, we had many 24-second shot clock violations, as we could not get the ball off in time. I have noticed this, and I'm sure you have to, but Allen doesn't cut to the rim like he used to, he doesn't play with that same intensity. For us to win, we need the old Allen back.

Box Score

<u>Final Score</u>:
    Sixers: 89
    Kings: 100

<u>Scoring Leaders:</u>
    Allen Iverson: 27 pts. (10/23 fg%)
    Kenny Thomas: 19 pts. (8/12 fg%)
    Eric Snow:13 pts. (2/8 fg%)

<u>Rebounding Leaders:</u>
    Derrick Coleman: 10 reb. (3 off., 7 def.)
    Allen Iverson: 6 reb. (0 off., 6 def.)
    Aaron McKie: 5 reb. (1 off., 4 def.)

<u>Assists Leaders:</u>
    Allen Iverson: 7 ast.
    Eric Snow: 5 ast.
    John Salmons: 2 ast.

<u>Steals Leaders:</u>
    Kenny Thomas: 3 stl.
    Aaron McKie: 3 stl.
    John Salmons: 2 stl.

Player of the Game: Allen Iverson
    Game Grade: C
    JBB Sixer Fans In Attendance: 0

I didn't have much hope for this game, knowing it was a strong offensive team from the west, there really wasn't a lot of hope. The major reason aside from our poor team chemistry was that our post players got killed down low. Derrick and Kenny were just abused by Vlade and Brad, even with all of that Derrick managed to get a double-double, but it wasn't enough. Our two rookies didn't step up either, as they weren't given enough playing time, 12 minutes altogether. Another thing that hurt us was that three of our defensive minded players were out, Amal, Todd, and Monty.