Game Thread: Jazz at Lakers

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by KS1, Nov 30, 2006.

1. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div align="center">[​IMG] at [​IMG]

Utah Jazz (13-3) at Los Angeles Lakers (9-5)

Date: Thursday 30th November, 7:30 PM (L.A.)
    National TV: TNT RTVHD

Last Game

Lakers: Bucks 109 at Lakers 105
    Jazz: Spurs 75 at Jazz 83

Projected Starters

<font color=""Blue"">Jazz</font>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Deron Williams, Ronnie Brewer, Andrei Kirilenko, Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur

<font color=""DarkOrchid"">Lakers</font>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Smush Parker, Kobe Bryant, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum</div>

Prediction

Jazz by 2

2. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

Ha, i was going to make a thread but then I got lazy hoping one of you would make one......... btw, check the jazz starting lineup, you got CJ there and AK missing.

This is gonna be a big game... Lakers are going to want revenge and I see Kobe having a good game. But, if none of their big men don't have great games.... Jazz by 4!

3. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Marbire Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ha, i was going to make a thread but then I got lazy hoping one of you would make one......... btw, check the jazz starting lineup, you got CJ there and AK missing.

This is gonna be a big game... Lakers are going to want revenge and I see Kobe having a good game. But, if none of their big men don't have great games.... Jazz by 4!</div>

my bad...i changed it now...

Its goin to be a hard game today, the Jazz'll need Boozer and Williams to produce big time...they'll be a little tired from yesterday's battle with the Spurs.

4. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

I decided, I hate Giriceck with a passion...Like what the hell...are we even trying to play defense today?! I know its hard guarding Kobe, Kobe's the man, but are you even going to try!!! God damn it...

5. NTC

NTC Active Member

Wow, Lakers are hammering Utah, up by 20 in the 3rd, Kobe is lighting it up, 45 points with the 4th to play, he has like 21 points in this quater.

6. Marbire

Well that sucked. But I suppose it's kind of hard to beat a team when one of their players scores 30 pts in one quarter alone....

7. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Lakers couldn't miss, mostly Kobe, you can't beat a team when that happens. Gotta give the Lakers props, can't take anything away from this victory for them.

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Any idea why Sloan didn't double team Kobe during the 3rd quarter, until about the last 2 minutes of it?

Normally a coach will double team or use ball denial to cool a player off, but Sloan didn't use either tactic to force the other Lakers to beat his team. I thought it was uncharacteristic of his style to allow one player to go off like Kobe did.

Expecting AK47 to defend Kobe with his team in the penalty early on, which prevents Kirilenko from playing more aggressive and physical is a tall order.

Maybe he felt the Jazz were never in this game and wanted some video footage to critique them about for upcoming games.

9. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Any idea why Sloan didn't double team Kobe during the 3rd quarter, until about the last 2 minutes of it?

Normally a coach will double team or use ball denial to cool a player off, but Sloan didn't use either tactic to force the other Lakers to beat his team. I thought it was uncharacteristic of his style to allow one player to go off like Kobe did.

Expecting AK47 to defend Kobe with his team in the penalty early on, which prevents Kirilenko from playing more aggressive and physical is a tall order.

Maybe he felt the Jazz were never in this game and wanted some video footage to critique them about for upcoming games.</div>

I think I have an idea on why he didn't double team Kobe early on, he's been going off in the newspapers. Saying that the Jazz'll show up for a big game like against the Spurs, and blow a not as talented team off, like Golden State or the Lakers. It's been a thing of cockiness, and Sloan doesn't like it. Atleast, that's what I've gathered from the newspapers.

I think he's using this to teach a lesson.

10. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    <div class="quote_poster">KS1 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think I have an idea on why he didn't double team Kobe early on, he's been going off in the newspapers. Saying that the Jazz'll show up for a big game like against the Spurs, and blow a not as talented team off, like Golden State or the Lakers. It's been a thing of cockiness, and Sloan doesn't like it. Atleast, that's what I've gathered from the newspapers.

I think he's using this to teach a lesson.</div>

What do you mean not as talented team? lol

11. Marbire

<div class="quote_poster">kobe23 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What do you mean not as talented team? lol</div>

He means exactly that. The Lakers and the Warriors are not as talented as the Spurs.

12. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Marbire Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He means exactly that. The Lakers and the Warriors are not as talented as the Spurs.</div>

It's not that they're not as talented, but they're less experienced as teams like Spurs and don't play as consistent.