Game Thread: Lakers at Jazz

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div align="center">[​IMG] at [​IMG]
    <font color=""Purple"">Los Angeles Lakers</font> (8-3) at <font color=""Navy"">Utah Jazz</font> (11-1)</div>

Date: Friday 24th November, 7:00 PM (Utah)
    Local TV: KJZZ / KCAL
    National TV: NBALP

Last Game

<font color=""Purple"">Lakers:</font> Clippers 101 at Lakers 105
    <font color=""Navy"">Jazz:</font> Jazz 110 at Kings 101

<div align="center">Projected Starters

<font color=""Purple"">Lakers</font>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <font size=""1"">Smush Parker, Kobe Bryant, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum</font>

<font color=""Navy"">Jazz</font>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <font size=""1"">Deron Williams, CJ Miles, Ronnie Brewer, Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur</font></div>

Prediction

Jazz by 6

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

I sure hope to god Kobe doesn't go off on us and have a season high. Seems like we can never stop him but we can win some way some how.

3. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

Hopefully AK can play and atleast slow Kobe down. Unless he gets like over 40 pts, I think Jazz will get the W by 7. Oh and let's hope Lamar has a mediocre game as well.

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Is there any reason why CJ Miles starts? I havn't seen much of him but most of his stats are not impressive. Is he like a Trenton Hassell/Quentin Ross type player who starts purely because of very good defence?

5. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">AllNet Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Is there any reason why CJ Miles starts? I havn't seen much of him but most of his stats are not impressive. Is he like a Trenton Hassell/Quentin Ross type player who starts purely because of very good defence?</div>

It's more of confidence thing since he hasn't done **** since the first few games of the year, he plays very little compared to most starters and doesn't play late in game much.

6. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

I got money on this game...Jazz by 9

7. J_Ray

I say Jazz by 4

8. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">AllNet Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Is there any reason why CJ Miles starts? I havn't seen much of him but most of his stats are not impressive. Is he like a Trenton Hassell/Quentin Ross type player who starts purely because of very good defence?</div>

The biggest reason behind Miles starting is because Sloan likes to have both Matt Harpring and Derek Fisher coming off the bench. Sloan puts more emphasis on finishing a game rather than starting, and he often turns to Harpring and Fisher in the fourth. It's working well so far.

Although, in saying that Kirilenko will be starting at small forward vs. the Lakers and Ronnie Brewer at shooting guard.

Link

9. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    LOL lakers are getting whooped

10. J_Ray

These refs completely suck, some BS calls right now. Matt Harpring made a perfect screen and Smush ran right into it and got knocked on his ass. Then they call a foul on Harpring for illegal screen when he didn't do nothing. These refs are trying to make the Lakers win.

78-72 Lakers 3 minutes left in 3rd

11. kobe23

College Undergrad
    yes odom has woken up

12. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Jazz 114 Lakers 108. 12-1 [​IMG]. Another big fourth quarter from the Jazz.

13. NTC

NTC Active Member

Well you got the prediction right. Good to see the Jazz still tearing ish' up.

14. Marbire

God I MISSED the ENTIRE GAME. WORK. OMG. Looks like it was an amazing game. I hate lakers. God bless Utah. 12-1. GS next.

15. J_Ray

I bet you guys like this stat.....Kobe had 0 4th qtr points.....You now know AK is back.....

16. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

Impressive that Kobe didn't score in the 4th, by whoever was guarding him.

I got to admit, I didn't think the Jazz would have this good a record at this point in the season. I like the Jazz, but I'm just not used to seeing them play this well, because of how the last few seasons have gone.

17. Marbire

This is why I was really looking forward to this season. I knew we had a great team, and a great coach, and if we stayed relatively healthy, we would cause some damage. When I told people this, they laughed at me. Well.... look at the Jazz now.

18. kobe23

College Undergrad
    <div class="quote_poster">J_Ray Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I bet you guys like this stat.....Kobe had 0 4th qtr points.....You now know AK is back.....</div>

Kobe only took 3 shots in the 4th... he knew that the Odom and Kwame were on fire so he opted to pass... if kobe took at least 6 shots in the 4th and scored 0 pts then i would be impressed with AK.

19. Marbire

<div class="quote_poster">kobe23 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Kobe only took 3 shots in the 4th... he knew that the Odom and Kwame were on fire so he opted to pass... if kobe took at least 6 shots in the 4th and scored 0 pts then i would be impressed with AK.</div>

Maybe Kobe would have taken more shots if he wasn't guarded so well by AK? I didn't watch the game, so I can't really say.... but just commenting. I wish I could have watched it.... I said if we kept Kobe under 30 we would win. But it's good to see Kobe passing more this season.

20. kobe23

College Undergrad
    <div class="quote_poster">Marbire Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe Kobe would have taken more shots if he wasn't guarded so well by AK? I didn't watch the game, so I can't really say.... but just commenting. I wish I could have watched it.... I said if we kept Kobe under 30 we would win. But it's good to see Kobe passing more this season.</div>

Keeping kobe under 30 isnt the key to stopping the lakers anymore... actually the lakers played GReAT, one of the best games this season, the jazz were just too much... look at kobe's stats for their past wins he's only scored more than 30pts in 2 games...