Game Thread! (Toronto @ Boston)

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Chutney, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div align="center">[​IMG] <span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#c8362d"><span style="font-family:Impact">Toronto</span> </span></span><span style="color:#c8362d">(4-2)</span> vs. <span style="color:#00A35F"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Impact">Boston</span></span></span> <span style="color:#00A35F">(6-1)</span> [​IMG]</div>
    <div align="center">
    When: Monday November 10th, 2008 @ 7:30PM EST
    Where: TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA
    TV/Radio: RaptorsTV, FAN 590 </div>

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><div align="center">
    <span style="font-family:Impact"><u>THOUGHTS ON THE GAME</u></span></div></span>

Everyone remembers how much we looked forward to matchups against Boston last year, even though they routinely manhandled us. As the defending champions and class of the Atlantic division, the Celtics continue to be the ultimate challenge that Raptors fans dream of overcoming. They've picked up right where they ended off, starting 6-1 and generally looking as cohesive and impressive as last season. The loss of James Posey has certainly hurt, but Tony Allen has stepped up nicely. The Raptors are hoping that they're new-look frontcourt might prove to be an adjustment for the Celts.

Toronto fans must've gotten used to the sound of squeaking sneakers the past couple games, as the Raptors' guards and wings have been flying all over the place in a desperate attempt to play perimeter defense. Games against Atlanta and Detroit have exposed several of our players' poor defensive positioning and tendency to double at the wrong time. Teams that have crisp, timely ball movement can easily take advantage this, and Boston might be one of the best in the league at that. Sam Mitchell has to be worried about how he D will hold up tonight.

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><div align="center"><span style="font-family:Impact"><u>STARTING LINEUPS</u></span></div></span>

<div align="center">[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<span style="color:#c8362d">Jose Calderon - Anthony Parker - Jamario Moon - Chris Bosh - Jermaine O'Neal</span>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<span style="color:#00A35F">Rajon Rondo - Ray Allen - Paul Pierce - Kevin Garnett - Kendrick Perkins</span></div>

<span style="font-family:Impact"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><div align="center"><u>KEY MATCHUP</u></div></span></span>

<div align="center">[​IMG] [​IMG]

<span style="color:#c8362d">Jose Calderon</span> vs. <span style="color:#00A35F">Rajon Rondo</span></div>

Half our perimeter defense picked up their play and stepped up against the Bobcats, yesterday afternoon. Jamario Moon did an excellent job of shutting down Gerald Wallace. However, Jose Calderon still had a tough game, allowing both Charlotte point guards to score in double digits. He's facing another quick player who can take him off the dribble in Rondo tonight, and Jose needs to focus on limiting his defensive miscues. It'll also be important for him to start scoring again and try to bolster our backcourt scoring once more.

<div align="center"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Impact"><u>LEO RAUTINS' INSIGHTFUL THOUGHT OF THE DAY</u></span></span></div>

[​IMG]

2. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Hot Chick(s) Of The Game
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  3. Kaz

Kaz Member

nice girls, this should be a siiick game :)

4. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Bas, next time you come in to my house and take pictures of my sex slaves, ask me first. KTHNXBYE!

I can't wait for this game, holy shit. I really hope we don't get killed and we stick with the Celtics. I expect a huge game from Bosh and Parker.

5. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Goddamnit, that's good.

It'd be awesome if Jose and AP showed up. I'm really afraid of their guards.

6. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Did you guys play last night? If not, then you have a good chance at taking advantage of us on the 2nd night of a back to back.

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

We played an afternoon game in Charlotte yesterday. I'd say you guys have the advantage, as we're on the third game of a three game road trip.

8. shankyoass

shankyoass Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

For some reason I think Il Mago is gonna struggle this game. Hope I'm wrong!

9. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    I love the red head Alex Sim-Wise

10. BigVolcano

BigVolcano Moderator Staff Member Moderator

11. Master Shake

I think Parker can take Ray on defense, and if AP can make his shots, we'll be in a great position. Bosh vs. KG is going to be awesome to watch. Bosh is on a mission and I think he'll have a very good game. Right now, he's unguardable. You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him and KG is the guy who can do that.

JO vs. Perkins is also an interesting match-up. If JO is smart, he'll use pump fakes and his speed to draw fouls and take advantage of Perk.

PP vs. Moon is gonna be hard to watch. Moon has been very inconsistent and I expect him to get beat a lot and that's going to make Bosh or JO swing over leaving KG or Perk open. And than a possible kick out to Ray, so there is a lot riding on Moon.

Other than that...Raptors win 102-100.

12. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

Tony Allen is going to have a good game. With our perimeter D the way it is. I hope I am wrong and the Raps pull it out though.

13. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    where can i watch this game online?

14. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

No idea man, I wish I knew. Some people use Sopcast, but I've never figured out how to work it.

15. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Jose's shot is off again. Shit.

16. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    there goes my monday night :( now i ACTUALLY have to start my paper.

17. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

I have a link to a stream, if its kosher I'll post it. Also who is the analyst for the Celtics, that guy is really bad.

18. Master Shake

19. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Tommy Heinsohn? Oh man, I really feel sorry for you if you have to listen to him for the rest of the game. Such a terrible, terrible commentator.

I don't know why RapsTV pairs Devlin with Sherman Hamilton. Sherm's so amateurish with his analysis. Stick Leo or Jack in there.

20. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

JO's come to play tonight. 10 and 4 to start the game. Kapono's also played very good off the bench, bailing us out of a couple stagnant offensive possessions.

Will Solomon has to get his shit together and dribble less.