Gamestop Hosting SSBB Tournament

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MKIV_Supra, Mar 4, 2008.

1. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Anyone attending one?

I'm not for two reasons. Enough I preordered mines.
    1. I prefer to get the night's rest so I can be at full energy and get one in the morning with no lines.
    2. Since I'm 17, the rules say that I need a parent to accompany me during the tournament.

I wouldn't mind going to kick some ass but I'm afraid I'll meet some people that give me nightmares that I do of the Halo 2 launch...

2. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

My friends are going, but I really don't want to. I can't wait to get my copy.
    What's your friend code?

3. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Me and my friends are going. I'm prolly just gonna chill out, eat mad snacks, and play God of War (which I'm gettin tomorrow!!) the whole time....while they whoop ass at SSB.

Should be a good time.

4. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

sounds like a geek-fest.

5. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

It pains me that I won't be able to get this game. My videogame budget for this Spring only includes Mario Kart and Bully. I am going to be abusing my friends that get this game though. It looks great.

IGN gave it a 9.5.

6. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

My Wii FC is 6047 2555 8167 9147 You can just add me as lameface, since that's my PSN name. Once I get Brawl, I'll post my Smash FC. What's yours?

7. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

KC's sister has a Wii.
    She's pretty hot.

8. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I can't wait for SSMB for one, but I won't be doing the tourney. I never actually played Melee, so I'd get slaughtered. However, I fully plan on being able to kick ass at Brawl.

9. ToddMacCulloch11

ToddMacCulloch11 Who me?

For those who went, how was it?

10. pegs

pegs My future wife.

It was okay. There were so many weird nerdy kids, and wickedly emo kids. It was a lil scary. But two of my friends entered. One of em got beat in the first round, that sucked.

The other one lasted up until the final four. Up until the final four, it was a 2 minute match...but in the final four, the match was extended to 3 minutes. And my friend was killin it up until the last minute. He woulda won, if it was a two minute match. But oh well, he ended up with a poster. And to be one of the first four to get the game.

In the end, it was this weird kid with weird hair...who actually seemed sort of cool; and this fat 30 year old guy who smelled terrible and freaked everyone out. They both used kirby, with the 30 year old using pink kirby and the kid using a white "albino" kirby. Everyone was rooting for the kid, because the old guy was creepy, and the kid ended up winning...but the tournament continued in Syracuse, and the kid couldn't go, so he told the 30 year old dude he could go instead.

Plus, people who entered the tournament got to get their games before everyone else, so that was a big plus.