Gar/Pax have done more to hinder the playoff push than to help it

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Mar 31, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

So how are the Bulls still afloat at the point guard position? Because the same Rajon Rondo that the front office killed the value of and then couldn’t trade, has proven the obvious by outplaying the three players Gar/Pax wanted to anoint “the point guard of the future.’’ To Hoiberg’s credit, he has played a factor in defying the focus of the youth movement, leaning back on Rondo.

A source indicated that it has put a strain on the relationship with Forman, but has helped the second-year coach at least win the locker room.

Rondo’s not the only player Gar/Pax wanted out of the rotation and then moved to a different franchise, either. Nikola Mirotic was in the same boat, and like Rondo, has endured the ever-changing front office plan, only to ride in on a white horse the last nine games and give the Bulls a legitimate outside scoring threat.

Again, credit Hoiberg for understanding the importance of winning games over winning the PR of a trade.

Read more http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/garpax-have-done-more-to-hinder-the-playoff-push-than-to-help-it/

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    We knew Mirotic wouldn't be happy unless he was the star on the team. He wasn't happy as MVP in the Euroleague, getting limited minutes.

3. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    FWIW, I wanted Harris and Rodney Hood back then. I wasn't at all happy with how draft day turned out.

Harris is a 14.8 PPG scorer with a 16.3 PER
    Hood is a 12.9 PPG scorer with a 12.7 PER, though hurt much of this season. He was 14.5 PPG and 14.1 PER in his 2nd season.

Both rotation players at least. Both would be 3rd in scoring on the team behind Butler and Wade.

I figured we might need a replacement for DunVP and depth in the back court. And young legs.

4. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Me Too. I wanted Harris and Hood.