Garnett deal could increase Kobe's trade demands

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by The Legend, Aug 2, 2007.

1. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Adding Kevin Garnett to Ray Allen and Paul Pierce is a coup for the Boston Celtics, but it also figures to increase the likelihood that Kobe Bryant will step up his efforts to force his way out of the Los Angeles Lakers, according to a source.

One more premier player getting traded, but not to the Lakers, means that "the Laker situation is only going to get worse," the person with knowledge of the situation said. "I'm sure Kobe's wondering, 'Why can't we do that? If Danny Ainge got it done, why can't we?' "

With the options to appease him dwindling, the next step for Bryant will be to threaten a training camp holdout and follow through on it by failing to show up when the Lakers open camp Oct. 8 in Hawaii.</div>

Read More

2. Yournewchef

Yournewchef Whippin up a cake.

If Kobe does this, he'll only look more and more like a whining brat. he should grow some balls and just play.

3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

I think team USA is gonna make him get all happy and forget about the team he has in L.A., but buy the time it's done and the season starts, expect to hear more complaining. I think Kobe could possibly get traded around the all star break. I can't really see him with the Lakers for much longer unless they get someone really good.

4. Jumpman

Jumpman And Your Nominees Are...

Since they aren't going to trade Kobe. Theres nothing else to do now except hope that Bynum really had improved.

5. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

What if Boston traded Ray Allen, scrubs to make the salaries work, and future first round picks to the Lakers for Kobe.

Can you imagine how sick a lineup of Kobe-Pierce-Garnett would be?

6. bruin007

bruin007 JBB JustBBall Member

Trade Kobe for Paul Pierce and Ray Allen then Ainge can have Kobe and Garnett in Boston and Kobe will be happy in the east and Pierce in the west.

7. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and scrubs > Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, and scrubs

8. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

<div class="quote_poster">Swish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What if Boston traded Ray Allen, scrubs to make the salaries work, and future first round picks to the Lakers for Kobe.

Can you imagine how sick a lineup of Kobe-Pierce-Garnett would be?</div>

Horrible deal, why would we take Ray Allen, not a young promising prospect, future picks, yes, depends on what they have. Also, I don't think Boston would sell Ray Allen out just like that.

Thats the trio we Laker fans dreamed about on the Lakers not the Celtics.

EDIT: If Kobe goes anywhere, I want it to be to Chicago.

9. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

<div class="quote_poster">YourNewChef Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If Kobe does this, he'll only look more and more like a whining brat. he should grow some balls and just play.</div>

Do you blame him?

"Hey Mitch, I want to win now."

"Don't worry Kobe, this roster is going to have major shake-ups."

*A couple weeks later*

"Celtics trade for KG, and the Lakers sign Coby Karl."

I mean, you could almost picture Mitch with a cheesy grin like the thumbup smiley at his "progress" this off-season.

Why would he shut up and play on an otherwise lottery bound team without him, when this guy is one of the leagues best scorers. He's also in his prime right now mind you, there really isn't much time to waste.

10. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">YourNewChef Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If Kobe does this, he'll only look more and more like a whining brat. he should grow some balls and just play.</div>

Im with you 110%. He really just needs to start playing like a champion and stop worrying about who he is playing with. The team will feed off of his energy and desire to win. I really believe that was at least 50% of the reason the Bulls were so successful in the 90's. It wasn't just because they had Jordan.. It was because they came on the floor every game expecting to win. Jordan always pushed his game to new heights. He didn't play with the most talented roster, but he played to WIN. He'd do anything and everything to win. Kobe needs to get that mindset.

The man has all the tools and talent, he just needs to go out and play instead of "B" about it.

I'm really hoping Bynum has improved his game after all the trashtalk over the summer and hopefully Fishers presence and point will make a difference in the execution of the triangle this coming season.

Now if we can somehow land J'Oneal for either Odom or Bynum that would be icing on the cake...

11. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">Trench Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Im with you 110%. He really just needs to start playing like a champion and stop worrying about who he is playing with. The team will feed off of his energy and desire to win. I really believe that was at least 50% of the reason the Bulls were so successful in the 90's. It wasn't just because they had Jordan.. It was because they came on the floor every game expecting to win. Jordan always pushed his game to new heights. He didn't play with the most talented roster, but he played to WIN. He'd do anything and everything to win. Kobe needs to get that mindset.

The man has all the tools and talent, he just needs to go out and play instead of "B" about it.

I'm really hoping Bynum has improved his game after all the trashtalk over the summer and hopefully Fishers presence and point will make a difference in the execution of the triangle this coming season.

Now if we can somehow land J'Oneal for either Odom or Bynum that would be icing on the cake...</div>

You're not being pragmatic Trench.

The Bulls won over 50 games when Jordan retired, Jordan just put them over the top.

Why shouldn't Kobe whine? All the Lakers did was sign Luke and give our MLE to Derek Fisher this off season. It's not like the Lakers pulled off a bunch of deals and Kobe is complaining about that. LA doesn't even want to give up Bynum. Didn't Jordan hate his owner as well?

Kobe only cares about winning, which is precisely the reason why he would hold out.

12. Whatthef?

Whatthef? Sactown Laker

millionaire
    Kobe has two years on his contract before he can opt out and he will play every game as a Laker. Fire Mitch and maybe he stays longer.

13. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

This article is pure speculation on the writer's part and nothing new. I'm sure any one who follows the NBA could speculate Kobe would be upset about KG being off the table for the Lakers now.

14. bacon smeller

bacon smeller The Baconater

But if the Lakers get JO then Kobe would be quiet. Get JO Mitch!!

15. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">The One & Only Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Do you blame him?

"Hey Mitch, I want to win now."

"Don't worry Kobe, this roster is going to have major shake-ups."

*A couple weeks later*

"Celtics trade for KG, and the Lakers sign Coby Karl."

I mean, you could almost picture Mitch with a cheesy grin like the thumbup smiley at his "progress" this off-season.

Why would he shut up and play on an otherwise lottery bound team without him, when this guy is one of the leagues best scorers. He's also in his prime right now mind you, there really isn't much time to waste.</div>

[​IMG] Sadly that's true. I mean the Lakers looked to have been getting some talent possibly a combo or other players like Boozer, Artest, KG, O'Neal, and other guys. But they haven't done anything and Kobe is getting upset because he wants to win.

16. Anton

Anton JBB JustBBall Member

I'd rather have T-Mac than KG tbh. I wonder how much garbage we'd need to ship Houston or the 3rd team to land him.

17. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Tmac isn't available anymore. This was like two seasons ago at the trade deadline.

18. Dark Hero

Dark Hero Can't Tell Me Nothing

I don't really expect Kobe to get traded i see him either walking in the next two years or if the Lakers bring some good help his going to shut up.

19. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

If there is no change in this roster, the Lakers will do anything they can to trade Kobe next offseason or sometime next year, so they can get something valuable for him before he can opt out, walk away, and leave the organization with nothing in return.

20. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

I say sign some retired vets. It's the new craze. I'm sure you could get MJ, Clyde, re-unite the Dream Team.