Germàn

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Rangers94, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

Lillie and Mattingly23NY like this.
  2. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    A real crock of shit IMO. I think Manfred is a dork big time. Punishment enough when the man was suspended prior to the post season.

Mattingly23NY and Lillie like this.
  3. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

^^^^^Agree fully.
    The mold of these commissioners of major pro sports leagues spew the despotic
    language & guidelines that have captivated our society.
    Manfred’s bullshit is so prevalent throughout the baseball world. Transparency is nonexistent.
    Disagree and you are history. No explanations necessary. I have seen this trend occur
    on many of baseball teams: guilty as long as we say so!
    The scary thing is that what is going on in the baseball world is just a microcosm of what is going
    on in the world today.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Mattingly23NY and Lillie like this.
  4. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Yeah, and if nothing else, if they wanted to suspend him for 81 games, those 81 games should have included the time served last year.

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  5. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    I was unaware until recently the German's "girlfriend" is also the mother of his 2 kids.

One very interesting aspect of this suspension is that criminal charges were never brought against him, making it the longest suspension in MLB history without any formal legal charges.

German's suspension surpasses a previous record set by Chicago Cubs' Addison Russell, who was suspended for 40 games for violating the MLB's domestic violence policy, despite a formal lawsuit brought against him.

The MLB's statement added that German has **"agreed not to appeal the discipline" and noted what the pitcher will do to overcome this suspension: a charity donation and entering a treatment program.

**Strong-arm tactics by MLB???

cagedlion and Lillie like this.
  6. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    While I agree that decking a woman is a no win situation for a man, I''ve seen some who probably should have been clocked. In the case of German I understand that someone dropped the dime on him starting the whole scenario. In my view a domestic dispute should be handled in a timely manner if competent authority in involved in settling the issue. Charges being dropped means end of story, from that point forward it is no one elses business. Thanks to political correctness people stick their noses into the business when they should have not been there.

7. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Well, as it turns out, the 18 games German missed at the end of last year will in fact be applied to his 81 game suspension...so, he'll only be out for the first 63 games of this year...somewhat of an improvement.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...1-game-ban-violating-domestic-violence-policy

New York Yankees pitcher Domingo German has been given an 81-game suspension for violating the MLB domestic violence policy, commissioner Rob Manfred announced Thursday.

German, who had already been placed on administrative leave for the final 18 games of the 2019 season, including nine postseason games, will sit out the first 63 games of the 2020 season.

German was put on administrative leave on Sept. 19 while MLB investigated alleged domestic violence involving his girlfriend, with whom he has at least one child.