Germany Gives up Subotic Pursuit

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by Claud, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    [​IMG]
    Source

Who do you guys think he will go for? :confused:

2. agoo

agoo Member

I'm hoping he goes for the US. I think he would have already if he wasn't cut by Rongen from the U-20 World Cup a few years back. Subotic at 6-4 and Onyewu at the same height would be a very imposing duo at central defense for the US.

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

If he's any good to be a starter I'm sure he'll choose Serbia.

Interesting that Germany wanted him though.

4. Mixx

Mixx JBB JustBBall Member

Construction
    He doesn't even care about America buddy, his parents are the ones that got the American passport so automatically he got one also. He wanted to play for Germany really bad, but he will either choose Bosnia or Serbia. He was born in Bosnia and has lived there, but he has never been to Serbia so that is why he is having second thoughts on them.

I'm pretty sure he will pick Serbia in the end because his dad is pretty much forcing him, but then again Ciro might just call him up and he will choose Bosnia.

To Neven America isn't even in the picture anymore.

The only way he will go there is if you paid him every minute in plays for you guys.

5. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

Well any choice out the threep is decent considering other countries.

6. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I'd like to see the USA.

7. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

i would expect him to go to serbia. he obviously wanted to play for germany but if he wanted to play for the US, i think he would have by now. he'll go with serbia because bosnia doesn't really give him much of a shot at playing in the world cup.

8. Mixx

Construction
    Thanks for saying we're bad, you might want to look at what time is the 2nd in Europe with most goals scored.... eh?

9. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

i'd look at the fact that serbia sits on top of their qualifying group, that the US is almost surely qualifying from concacaf, and that bosnia is 4th in their qualifying group. it's very hard for me to see bosnia jumping two of spain, turkey, and belgium to put themselves in position to get a spot in the world cup.

and yes, bosnia is 2nd in europe in goals scored. they scored 7 against estonia and 4 against armenia. they also scored 1 against turkey and 0 against spain.

10. CelticKing

He has chosen Serbia, the news media there reported.

11. agoo

agoo Member

12. Mixx

Construction
    So you are saying we can't beat Belgium? We play Belgium two times back to back. And Belgium tied Luxembourg, while Bosnia beat a better team (Slovenia) at their own turf 4-3 and we didn't have our starting defense nor I starting goalkeeper, pretty impressive eh?

13. Mixx

Construction
  14. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

i didn't say you couldn't beat belgium. but i do think belgium is the better team of the two. and turkey and spain are ahead of you as well.

really, my main point was that serbia and the US both have much better chances of making the world cup than bosnia. it seems clear to me the subotic doesn't want to play for the US(whether him choosing serbia is true or not). and between serbia and bosnia, i think he'd be more likely to choose the better team and the one that has a much better shot at making the world cup.

15. Mixx

Construction
    You do know Turkey plays Spain back to back and Turkey will lose both of those games. And if Bosnia beats Belgium back to back we will own that 2nd place, then we play Estonia and Armenia and we will win those matches, so that means we will own the 2nd place and make it to the World Cup.

Also I HIGHLY doubt if America played in Europe they would NEVER make it to the World Cup.

16. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

the US would have a better chance qualifying than bosnia. the US isn't as good as the top tier european teams but they are on a similar level to teams like sweden, poland, turkey, serbia, greece, etc.

and yes, turkey and spain play each other twice while bosnia and belgium still play each other twice. i just wouldn't be so quick to assume bosnia wins both of those matchups. if they do, they are in an ok position but still have to play turkey and spain again(though the game against spain being the last game might help if spain doesn't call in their top guys).

17. agoo

agoo Member

And if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle. What's your point? And I think they'd have better odds than Bosnia. I'm not as convinced as you are that they are the second place team in their group. I'm not sure they're better than Turkey or Belgium, and I wouldn't be so sure that they'd one of the eight best second place teams and qualify for the playoff and I'm even less convinced that they'd win that playoff.

As for the previous comment about Sunil Gulati being a jackass, what do you base that on? His record with US Soccer is pretty solid thus far and he was even better with the Revolution in MLS.

As for Subotic, I'll believe it when he says it. I think Sunil Gulati being in touch with Subotic's people is a more reliable source than some Serbian paper that appears to not cite any source for the news.

18. CelticKing

The US would never make it to the World cup if they were in Europe, it's very simple, they have no stars whatsoever. They have the easiest road to the world cup every time.

19. Mixx

Construction
    LOL This is coming from a American that can't whip his own ass telling a true blooded European something about football.......... I laughed hard there.

You might want to look at the Bundesliga and see whose dominating it. Same with the Polish league..... And that is why the Top clubs in the world want our players..... right?

Currently in the EWCQ:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  20. agoo

agoo Member

I appreciate that your comeback involved insulting me because I'm American and therefore know nothing of football. Your inability to actually argue against my point, pretty much makes it for me.

Your beloved Bosnians scored 7 on the mighty Estonians and 4 on that other powerhouse in Armenia. You lost to Spain and Turkey and I don't think you're going to take 6 points from Belgium. Bosnia is not going to qualify for this World Cup.

Which individual players are lighting up which ever league isn't exactly relevant to the point that I was making that Bosnia isn't going to qualify for the World Cup.