Get this old fuck out of net now

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Aug 3, 2020.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

This head coach has turned into a retard. Get fucking Smith out of the lineup as well. He's sucks ass and is a turnover machine. Another terrible goal on a unscreened shot from far out.

2. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

3rd and 4th line players suck too

3. kreidertime

Yeah. That I don't blame Quinn for. Barron will be here soon. Kravtsov might make the team. It does seem like the young players like Kakko, Gauthier and Lindgren are getting stronger. There is no excuse for playing a washed up Hank. Let's for a second pretend that you believe there is something wrong with Shesterkin which I don't. Georgiev is easily the second best goalie on this team. This game should be 1-1. Hank let in two shit goals. He's washed up. Sad to see but it was over for him early in the season. Why the assholes running this team can't see that is beyond m e.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I don't think the team gives that much of a shit about being there for this.

5. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

The Rangers have been short on forward depth all season. Biggest thing they need to fix next season if they want to be a legit SC team.

Look, the Canes are just a better team. If Shes was playing maybe we'd have a better chance because he can handle the puck and help the D out, but that still wouldn't change the fact that the Canes are a better much deeper team, and that's without two of their top 6 dmen.

Take some positives:

1. This is Hank's swan song. It's over for him. I think this makes it easier for us to part in the offseason. He has allowed 2 soft goals today, and 1 middle of the road questionable goal in game 1. I just hope they keep Georgiev as the backup, unless they can get a very solid package for him.
    2. The kids will get needed experience from these games. That can only help in the long run.
    3. Even if we somehow beat the Canes, we were not beating the Caps/Bruins/Lightning/Flyers. Losing to the Canes gives us a better pick, and a 12.5% chance at the # 1 pick overall. That is a plus.

6. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If the season played out the Rangers were likely falling short of making the playoffs. They're just not quite there yet. Five months off and a return to this nonsense they're calling the NHL playoffs doesn't change that.

7. kreidertime

Kakko will be a beast. No surprise there. Gauthier is going to be a big player going forward. Love Hank but it's so obvious it's over.

8. Ranger71

We need to root for teams like Columbus, Montreal and Chicago to win to bump our draft position up.

9. RangersFan

Agree 100% Mess. Being real and honest, we are still a year away. That may sound like an excuse a losing team makes, but that is the truth. This is another learning/growing season, and that's okay. Next season we need to be a legit playoff team. And the following season hopefully a legit SC threat. That's the plan I think.

Need to add forward depth, and an upgrade at # 2 C I think. The much needed upgrade on D wil come from within with Miller and Lundkvist.

10. Ranger71

I'd like to see Kravtsov get a game just for his psyche going into next year.

11. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

It feels like they are in playing in some sort of world cup tournament.

12. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Rangers are fucking pathetic. They look like a team that has no business playing against the Hurricanes. Kreider has been a ghost. Zibanejad and Panarin can't get any puck possession in the offensive zone. The defensemen can't connect on any break out passes. They have no answer for the forecheck. Very frustrating to watch.

13. Ranger71

Unprepared and uninspired looking.

14. RangersFan

Kreider is doing what he has always done for stretches, totally disappear. He is hardly alone, but this is why I was nervous about giving him 6.5 per for 7 years. Hopefully he is just getting back into shape after his broken foot.

What struck me is they kept getting beat to the puck, even during the PP there were 2 Canes to 1 Ranger, which should never happen. Weak effort, but again the Canes are just a better team that's it. In a lot of ways we don't belong here as shown by our play. I am still looking forward to next season, which we should be a legit playoff team, and the following season when I hope for/expect a true SC contender.

BTW - if Shes is out again in game 3 I start Georgiev not Hank. Mix it up. And get Kravtsov in as well. Nothing to lose.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  15. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The universal opinion I'm seeing is that this looks like a group with no interest in coming back for this.

16. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

I have to agree. Hank is done. I think I am the last one on this board to come to terms with the end of the Lundqvist era. He is noticeable not the same goalie he once was.

17. RangersFan

Agreed. And I know you don't want to root or feel this way, but big picture losing is probably better right now. Gain experience, close the Hank era, 12.5% chance at # 1 pick, better draft pick. A lot of reasons why losing isn't the end of the world.

Now root for CBJ to beat Toronto, and then for the Canes to lose in round 1 and our second 1st round pick will be a solid one.