Ghost Hunters on sci fi channel?

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Custodianrules2, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Anybody ever seen this show? Unless I missed the real premise behind the show, it's like an actual reality tv show that follows these plumbers that hunt ghosts in their spare time. I don't see why they even bother with the commentary or the film cameras because theres no darn ghosts and all they are doing is looking around scared like in the blair witch project or that one MTV series that had everyone running around like idiots in the dark. Those "ghost hunters" better be propping somebody up in some sheets real soon or their butts won't see a second season.

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

That show scares me....

3. Custodianrules2

I think they've got a better chance of catching UFO's. At least they can b.s. in front of a camera that the glowing object in the sky is a ufo and not the planet mercury or swamp gas.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Never even heard of this show, when does it come on?

5. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

It's better than the documentary I just saw on Bigfoot...

6. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Never even heard of this show, when does it come on?</div>
    I think it's Wednesdays, but I saw it on the weekend in the afternoon. One of the dudes in there looks like Michael Chiklis from the Shield which is kind of funny.

7. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">It's better than the documentary I just saw on Bigfoot...</div> Heh, I think I might have seen that. You ever wonder if Shaq goes tromping barefoot through the northeastern woods just to get those loonies' hopes up?

"Woah, Steve, get the plaster mold ready, I found another one! And he appears to have taken a dump here."

8. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Heh, I think I might have seen that. You ever wonder if Shaq goes tromping barefoot through the northeastern woods just to get those loonies' hopes up?

"Woah, Steve, get the plaster mold ready, I found another one! And he appears to have taken a dump here."</div>
    LMFAO, that is golden CR2.

I'll have to see how bad this show really is.

9. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">LMFAO, that is golden CR2.

I'll have to see how bad this show really is.</div> Sometimes people want to believe in something so badly, they become somewhat mentally handicapped. Like particles of floating dust in an old house suddenly become "spirit orbs" or whatever lame, nonsense paranormal technical jargon they make up. It's like, dude, it's just dust moving through the air and reflecting amplified light in front of a nightvision lens!

I believe some people that really said they've seen ghosts and they weren't on drugs, but these so called ghost hunters led by Vic Mackey start knocking over the scoobie snacks the minute a ghost is "rumored" to be in the house they're investigating. Yet there's no real evidence of ghosts! Then they try to record sounds and it sounds like nothing but blank tape and they're like, "Did you hear that?? Something said 'Help me'". No it didn't! Then they try to measure things in the area like they're P.K.E. readings in the movie Ghostbusters with Bill Murray. ...it's like dude! If you're getting high eletrical signals in these walls it's because it's an old house and there's probably a ton of wiring that isn't properly shielded.

I admire their passion and creativity for suckering some cable exec into giving them a show, but I think they should have a spinoff show that exposes how kooky and unscientific they are. They should have a show called "Dork Hunters" and they go around chasing these guys with actual knowledge and explanations of why people go loonybin over dust particles and polaroid photographs that suddenly have ghostly shapes in the background. I guess if somebody gets "red eye" in their photographs it means they're posessed by demons.

10. Shapecity

Sounds like comic relief. Where is Scooby Doo when you need him? Come to think of it, I don't watch anything on the Sci Fi channel.

Anyone watch that new series on Fox called Over There?

11. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Sounds like comic relief. Where is Scooby Doo when you need him? Come to think of it, I don't watch anything on the Sci Fi channel.

Anyone watch that new series on Fox called Over There?</div> Scooby doo and the gang would probably make more lame assumptions and jumps to conclusions than the ghost hunter guys. I mean you figure these kids are real geniuses when they find out in the end of every mystery thus far that it's some dude in a costume all along and not a real ghost or monster. Nevermind that every perp caught seem to borrow the same catch phrase from the last guy that was caught. Freddy's ascot wearing keister and him dividing up the gang to be alone with the girls is a little bit confusing.

Over There is on FX channel. Ah yeah dude I've seen it. First show was a bit contrived and a little nauseously melodramatic when they do the video interviews, but it's a good all right show in terms of the conflict going on now, untimely as the program may be. I get mixed feelings on the overall show because of the material and current events, but it's interesting... I like some of the characters, but I hate the dude with the glasses. He's all over the place, a bit of a spaz and he's annoying. Sucks for him when he finds out about his wife, though.

12. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Anyone still watch the X-Files? They are my relief that cable TV still has a life

13. Custodianrules2

I do not like the ones without Mulder or Scully together as a team.

14. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I do not like the ones without Mulder or Scully together as a team.</div>

Agreed. I watched the first Dogget, Scully one and I was literally screaming at the TV to have Alex Krycheck kill Dogget