Giants deny faking injuries

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by truebluefan, Sep 9, 2013.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

After Sunday's 36-31 victory over the New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones accused the Giants of faking injuries in an effort to slow down the Dallas offense when it went to the no-huddle in the second quarter. Not surprisingly, the Giants on Monday denied those accusations.

"It's absolutely not true," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said.

Read more http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...y-allegations-jerry-jones-team-faked-injuries

2. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Really, Jerry the Jerk Jones making a sensible comment?
    Just ASSinine.
    One of those PRICKly owners WHO RUNS DIARRHEA
    FROM HIS MOUTH.............

3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Cullen Jenkins jabs at Jerry Jones

"Flopgate" raged on at the New York Giants' team facility Thursday as defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins spoke publicly on the subject for the first time since Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones accused him of faking an injury during Sunday's season opener.

"Maybe he should get his son-in-law to clean his glasses a little better," Jenkins said of Jones, referring to a infamous in-game video clip of Jones and his glasses-wiping son-in-law.

"I don't know what he saw if he thinks I was faking."

Jenkins said he injured his left shoulder on the play and went to the sideline to get treatment. Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten complained that he was faking it to slow Dallas' offense at a key point in the game.

Jenkins, who returned to the game and was never announced by the team as having an injury, insists he was hurt and didn't appreciate Jones saying he was so obviously faking that it was funny.

"I guess at his age I'm just glad he still has a sense of humor," Jenkins said. "They got the win, so they got the last laugh."

Read more http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ants-jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-clean-glasses