Giants draft thread

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by dumpstralmannow, Dec 26, 2013.

1. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

Looking at some of the draft threads around the net, they are awful. Giants are not drafting a corner. They are not drafting a DT. They are either going OL or OLB. Personally, I think they are on drugs if they don't go OL. If they want a guard, they can realistically trade down enough to pick up an extra second. Possibly to a team that badly needs a QB, WR or CB.

2. vette322

vette322 Member

Use the $$$ that will now not be spent on Nicks to sign a LT, draft a G in Round 1, a C in Round 2, move Beatty to RT, and move Pugh to RG. That's your starting OL, and that's what this team needs to do right after they fire Gilbride and put in a new offensive scheme. Would love to see Norv Turner or Charlie Weiss given the OC role.

After G and C - I would use rounds 3, 4, 5, and 6 for 3 LB's and 1 CB.

3. dumpstralmannow

dumpstralmannow Active Member

Giants need to start drafting in the later rounds like the SeaHawks. Use picks on really tall, athletic DB's. Fast, athletic LB's. Offensive players that are exceptionally good with one part of their game. They need most of all to drop this idiotic, draft the best player crap. Draft for need. Let's face it, they got dumb lucky winning 2 SuperBowls the past few years. I still don't know how they pulled that off. I would not move Pugh from right tackle. He looked awesome there the last handful of games. Move Beatty inside or trade him.