Giants invite Posey, 15 others to spring training

Discussion in 'MLB General' started by Charles, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Charles

Charles Buster Posey Fan

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/09/SPFI156OPM.DTL

Good to see that Posey will at least spend some time w/ the big league club, but he's not going to come up until he can play everyday. My guess is late this season or early next season.

Phelps is a guy who has some pop, but he doesn't have a good glove. I dont' see him making the team, but if Travis Ishikawa flounders early and gets sent down, he could be a candidate to come up and get some time.

Guzman is an intriguing possibility, but, like Phelps, there may not be a roster spot available for him. I don't expect much from him, but he and Phelps are the kind of guys that Sabean should always be looking at- low risk high reward kind of players.

2. drexlersdad

drexlersdad SABAS

jesus guzman seems like a steal, the only player who had better stats then him in texas league was....pablo sandoval.
    link

3. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the right guy. Is Guzman the 2B that played in Sacramento for the A's and got hurt in the Champoinship series a couple of years ago? If it's the same guy he had a pretty good amount of speed but I don't remember him hitting for that much power. Although it sounds like his power could be a new development.

4. Charles

Charles Buster Posey Fan

Guzman played for the A's farm team in Sacramento last year. He was originally drafted by Seattle, who let him go. Oakland let him go and the Giants signed him with a guaranteed invite to spring training.