Gimme some BEEF

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by REREM, Sep 17, 2007.

1. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

The W's need some PUNCH,some muscle,toughness,and specifically.........REBOUNDS.</p>

I LOVED Lasme as a pick...was stunned when he was the lone effort to get better on the boards-----while the aim seemed more to ADD MORE perimeter chuckin' ...like we were short on guys who launch from 25? The ONLY thing we have in terms of a POWER game is a 21 yr old 235 lb C We failed to get O'Bryant past freshman orientation-and added a less gifted 7-2 C to rust behind him. Rather than keep Powell..we took a flyer on a faded Croshere who's Murphy without the rebounds or the 3% accuracy...which leaves.....well...he came cheap.</p>

Without paying to heavy....WHO might we get as an antidote to Boozer or any other heavy duty tough rebounds/post up types? We can't assume teams did not notice our tricks and our vulnerabilities---which both got displayed in the playoffs. We got beat up by UtahWe confused DallasBut now.....everyone learned from both of those series (except maybe us?)</p>

I'd love to get Ike back...and really commit to making him a force,the best other alternative is Shelden Williams who's probably cheaper now than he'll ever be...likewise...we need to use him Powe is another choice,might not have quite the same impact--but costs less.</p>

Wilcox/Collison from Seattle? Either can help....yet I would think we'd need to pay for everything we get,that we'd get no special bargain. It's worth exploring.</p>

Odum..Marion...guys with some variety of skills-with big $$ deals...starters for west rivals. Both have established value---niether will turn into a player 50% better in 2 years. However-the guys we'd need to trade MIGHT very well get a lot better....and staking a lot on ONE star at $13-$17 mill can work-can backfire BIG</p>

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I agree, we need real size and talent in the paint and not overpaid stiffs like Foyle or wings trying to play power forward or gasp... even center like Al Harrington. [​IMG]</p>

I wish we still had Diogu and hadn't decided on Murphy and Dunleavy as 5-6 year contract type guys. I didn't think much of Josh Powell. I do like Biedrins, but he needs help in the paint lest he get pounded to death by bigger players or foul out trying to pound back. </p>

I'm not sure about Shelden Williams, but I've seen flashes where he was pretty good. I just wish I hadn't picked him in the fantasy draft last year because he sucked pretty bad for a 5th overall type of guy.</p>

Basketball is about adjustments, matchups, strategy, and teamwork. Hopefully we can do these things in the halfcourt set other than Baron just dribbling the ball around and other guys trying to go iso on the perimeter. </p>

3. pegs

pegs My future wife.

sooner or later, maybe you guys will get lucky, and pick up a guy from a shitty-out-of-the-gates team that could really help you out. Evans would have been nice, he could've gotten some rebounds to start the fastbreak.

4. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

I don't like Evans so much. To steal a line from Paul Shirley (although he was referring to the Spurs' Oberto), Evans plays like a dump truck. Certainly the rebounding is nice, but Evans knocks around and can draw a lot of fouls very quickly, and isn't going to do enough on offense to get minutes from Nelson. Additionally, we already have a guy in Lasme who can probably do most of if not more than he would. I'm pretty psyched about Lasme, actually, I'm excited to see what he can bring. </p>

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Evans could be like a Murphy in that he's a top rebounder type talent, but he could be a lot like Foyle's one dimensional type game with zero offense or when Biedrins/Pietrus couldn't stop from picking up fouls. I'm probably right about Evans. He's still a useful second round type pick never to get drafted that does at least one thing really well. The rookie Lasme could seemingly offer a lot more based on defensive potential and his track record as a defensive stat stuffing type college player.

6. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (custodianrules2)</div><div class='quotemain'>Evans could be like a Murphy in that he's a top rebounder type talent, but he could be a lot like Foyle's one dimensional type game with zero offense or when Biedrins/Pietrus couldn't stop from picking up fouls. I'm probably right about Evans. He's still a useful second round type pick never to get drafted that does at least one thing really well. The rookie Lasme could seemingly offer a lot more based on defensive potential and his track record as a defensive stat stuffing type college player.</div>

</p> that's good, hopefully Lasme turns out well. i wanna see Golden State smack the shit outta Dallas again.