Glen ‘Big Baby’ Davis goes off on ‘overrated’ Doc Rivers

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by truebluefan, Feb 17, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

week, and opened up on his former coach Doc Rivers … and how he doesn’t understand why Rivers is considered one of the greatest coaches of all time.

Specifically, the 31-year-old Davis calls Rivers “lucky as hell” and “overrated” as a coach, and points to the team and general manager in Boston as the reason Rivers has a ring. Davis, who is currently a free agent, won a title with Rivers and the Celtics in 2008, and played for Rivers again in 2014-15 on the Clippers.

Here is the transcript. (Emphasis mine.)

Davis: Because what Doc had in ’08 was special and he was lucky as hell … Lucky as hell. The year before that they was wearing trash bags … But then the next year they win it, now he is one of the best coaches ever? I’m just not feeling that. You know what I mean? You give credit to KG. You give credit to Paul Pierce. You give credit to Ray Allen. Those are the guys who made sure whatever Doc needed to be done, got done.

- See more at: http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/glen-big-baby-davis-goes-off-on-overrated-doc-rivers-021617