Go Dallas

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Apr 21, 2019.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Maybe they can get to the conference finals. We get a first from them. :)

2. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

The Jets 1st round pick will be in the 20-23 range, an absolute steal by Gorton, and we got Lemieux as well. And now we have a realistic shot at the Stars 1st rounder. To me it is all about game 6 tomorrow night. I think they'll beat the Blues if they win game 6. If they lose game 6 I think it will be very difficult to win game 7 in Nashville. So go Dallas in game 6 and I think we'll get another 1st rounder.

And for the record no team has ever had 8 first round picks over 3 drafts, which is what we'll have if we get the Stars 1st (although we may not make all 3 picks this year if we get the Stars pick to go with the Jets pick and our # 2 pick - I could see a trade to move up further).

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I'm rooting fot St.Louis to win it all so i guess i can't lose if they play Dallas. They do need to wrap it up tomorrow, unlike Toronto who took their foot off the gas it seemed after getting up 1-0 today.

4. Ranger71

They did it, after about 54 chances in OT.

5. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

A wide open playoff year. Seems like anybody can win it. Both top seeds in each conference went out easily.

6. Ranger71

Loseipegs pick is now no worse than 21st and if Vegas wins tonight it becomes no worse than 20.

7. kreidertime

I think we got a real good chance to get another first now. Dallas might be playing better than anybody right now defensively.

8. RangersFan

3 of 4 division winners lose round 1, and the 4th going to game 7 (I think they win though).

And Dallas will beat the Blues. I really like that team. Bishop is playing great. They will win.

Gorton is killing it. We'll have 3 picks in round 1 again, setting the record of 8 over 3 drafts. The Jets pick will be 20 or 21. We'll get the Stars pick. I would trade one of those picks to move up, or for a RD. Awesome stuff from Gorton.

CBJ/Isles in the ECF
    Stars/Sharks or GK's in the WCF.

9. Ranger71

Dallas and the Blues will go 7 but i think this could be St.L time to break through to the finals. Both WC series should be very good, as Colorado is even going to be a tough out. Hopefully someone knocks out the Isles but i think they'd roll past Carolina.

10. kreidertime

Don't be too high on the Islanders. Pitt didn't show up. They had no desire to play grinding hockey. All the teams left can play that style and several do it better than they do. I give Columbus very little chance against Boston or Toronto.

11. Ranger71

I think Boston would be very tough on Columbus but i could see them beating Toronto who tries to get by on finesse like Tampa.

12. RangersFan

I think CBJ would beat Toronto for sure, but agree a Boston series would be tough, and one Boston can win for sure. As for the Isles/Caps, I just don't like what I have seen from the Caps. They have not looked good in 3 or 4 of the 6 games against the Canes. No Oshie I think gives the Isles the edge. But of course you can never count out OV/the defending champs.

The West is wide open, I agree. I can see any of the 5 remaining teams making the SCF. I just really like what I have seen from Dallas, and I think Bishop is the difference against the Blues.

13. kreidertime

I think the Craps have a huge advantage over the Islanders if they win game 7 because they know everything the coach does. They will be highly motivated to show that it was them, not the fat slob, coach. Eberle is also a half ass player who played the series of his life. It won't continue. If the Islanders won a cup I'm sure we would hear the 1994 chant from their white trash fans.

14. Ranger71

Shocking, Toronto craps out after teasing their fans yet again. Matthews and Tavares did nothing for them for the most part. They may never get past Boston.

15. kreidertime

What? Matthews had 5 goals 1 A and was 51% on draws vs. probably the best faceoff team in the league. Tavares had 2 G 3 A in 7 games. Problem with the Leafs and their dumb bastard fans is they consistently don't realize their defenseman suck and can't play defense. So they never make any trades that make sense. They gave up a crap load for an overrated Muzzin. They could have easily gotten McQuaid for much needed toughness for a 3rd or 4th. They could have addeed players like Fast and Strome to create a checking line to go against Boston's top line. Yet, as usually they are fn stupid.

16. Ranger71

Ok my bad on that, i didn't realize Matthews did that well, but Tavares didn't make quite enough of an impact though Boston is stingy. Like you said Dump they just don't have the toughness to finish off a series against a team like Boston, or the balance on D. They will mature overall with their young guys and Tavares having a 2nd year there but need more grit. Should be interesting to see who they flip or maneuver to alter the makeup. Andersen to me too is a liability mentally in big games. I wonder if they could be a HL option eventually.

17. RangersFan

I don't trust Andersen at all. Their D is not close to the level it needs to be at, but I think they need an upgrade in goal as well.

I will also add, I am so tired of the NHL calling penalties and judging suspension length based on did the guy get hurt. It is disgraceful to me that the NHL operates that way. 2 minute penalty. 1 game suspension. Oh a guy got hurt, okay 5 minute major and 6 game suspension. That is the most 2nd rate asinine way to operate. It F'd Vegas last night because as soon as there was an injury, okay that's 5. It's a joke and makes the NHL look like a small time operation.

18. Ranger71

Yeah that was a rough break for Vegas, and Stastny hitting him too didn't help the optics, but what a blitz by SJ and an incredible last 30 min of hockey. That could springboard the Sharks.

19. kreidertime

Maybe the candyass Knights should stop crying and learn how to kill a fucking penalty. Giving up 4 PP goals in less than 5 minutes. What a bunch of choke artists. I mean, at worst I can see you giving up 2 goals on a 5 minute major. They have nobody to blame but themselves. There was no reason for them to try and rough up Pavelski with a 3-0 lead in the third. They were fucking stupid and they got what they deserved.

20. RangersFan

Yeah, the 5 minute major was a joke for sure I think, but I completely agree. Just because the call was a joke doesn't mean you need to allow all those PPG's. That was just as much of a joke. Kill the penalty even a little.