going shopping.......

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by mike18946, Jul 5, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Pistons are looking to make a two-for-one trade to trim the roster to 13 players under contract by the start of training camp. Don Reid, Danny Manning and Jon Barry were officially off the roster as of July 1. The Pistons have fielded some offers, and the names that have popped up are Cliff Robinson, Corliss Williamson, Hubert Davis and possibly Chucky Atkins, although Atkins and Dumars have discussed his future with the Pistons. Atkins, a reserve point guard last season, believes he will be in Detroit next season. If the Pistons can't find a suitable replacement for Atkins they'd prefer to keep him. Cleveland has expressed an interest in him.
    </div>

Will be interesting to see what happens..cliffy's name has come up in trade rumours...one is with the bulls....about rose coming to detroit..but i doubt anything involving rose will go down

2. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

maybe theyll get kobne bryant huh allnet?

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

4. olskoolfunktitude

no? youre right. shaq is better. they should have 3 dominant centers

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

:roll: This is exactly what i was on about in the juwan howard thread

6. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">no? youre right. shaq is better. they should have 3 dominant centers</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. olskoolfunktitude

what r u talkin about? hey how did u make that face. i didnt see it on the emoticons list

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

What am i talking about? well....i was saying in the howard thread i can't even post in my own pistons forum without you make some smartass reply....this topic is about the pistons..for pistons news...any rumours that i hear about the pistons..i post.....simply really...nothing much else to do in the off-season..i try and keep this forum as active as possible..and posting rumours....or articles thats all there is to do...

9. olskoolfunktitude

dude what r talking about. i think u have me confused with someone else. dont tell me youre not my buddy any more. imi just trying to talk basketball

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

so with comments on this thread of..

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">maybe theyll get kobne bryant huh allnet?</div>

and

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">no? youre right. shaq is better. they should have 3 dominant centers</div>

You weren't trying to be funny? just because i mention jalen rose in a trade rumour...you suggest kobe? why?

I'm just getting annoyed anytime when i mention a player pistons are rumoured to be trading for...they reply and say players like kobe,shaq e.t.c...i post what i hear...

11. olskoolfunktitude

iwat u mean. i was just pokin a little fun. u DO think that a lot lot of lpayers are goin to detroit. im jus pokin a little fun. dont be a bitch about it man. be cool. be like allnet. Im still here to tlak basketbal cuz basketball is what i know

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Most players i mention won't come to detroit..but this is the off-season...nothing else to talk about...so might as well talk about trades and player signings...I've had a bad day so far so i really don't want to say things i don't mean to say...

only reason i mentioned jalen rose is because it was mentioned in an article that the bulls and pistons could be in possible talks..that could help the bulls cap room..by trading rose....and give us another scorer...

13. olskoolfunktitude

qright just relax guy. So what if u had a bad day. everyone has em. not like u died or sumthin

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I'm not angry..it just annoys me whenever i mention a player involving detroit they go and say " i suppose everyone will go to detroit" i didn't care at first but when people keep mentioning that...it gets tired

15. olskoolfunktitude

i only said that once. whats the matter can tu take a joke?

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

You didn't know.....as this is the one time you did this joke..but others have...

i can take a joke as much as anyone..but as i said when people mention it all the time it gets tired....no hard feelings ya know...

Anyways back on topic..i see cliffy and corliss being traded....just don't know who for...

17. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Lot of this topic is confusing the hell out of me.

We need to get rid of Corliss and Cilff.

18. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

Oldskool and allnet- there's not really any need to poke fun at allnet for keeping the boards active. It if it wasn't for him we wouldn't here about half the rumours we do. There is no need to just 'poke a little fun' at him for doing his job. I know you were just playing and maybe allnet overreacted a tad, but obviously it bothered him a bit so be a man and back off a little bit.

Filling up the forums with bickering doesn't do anyone any good. I know if I'm cruising a new forum and all I see are a bunch of the board's veterans going back and forth about stupid, non-basketball things I leave and never come back. If you've got beef, take care of it in PM's or at least the off-topic forum, if you don't have beef then keep your mouth shut and don't clutter up the board.

I know I'm a little out of place with this post being that I'm not a moderator, but I've really come to enjoy justbball and don't want to see it lose potential members because of long strings of 'did not, did too!' arguements cluttering it up. So please don't take offense, because I certainly didn't intend any.

No harm, no foul- right?

peace,
    rocko220

Anyway back on topic....

I'd be excited to see us move Corliss...I love him as a player but we're paying him above market value. His consistency as a low-post scoring threat makes him tradeable, but I wonder how much we can get in return.

Personally, I'd like to see us keep Cliff Robinson around. He isn't nearly as effective as he used to be, but his experience is invauable. Besides, I love the idea of a PF/C with 17,338 career pts, 1,200 blks, over 1,200 steals, over 5,300 boards and drained nearly 1,000 3's who once dropped 50 in a game, has made the all-defensive team- tutoring Darko for a couple of years.

With Darko's talent, if he inherits even part of Cliff's knack for winning and playing hard-nosed 'D', not to mention his potent inside-outside game; He will earn himself plenty of all-star jersey's during his career- and maybe even a ring...

19. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

we don't have any beef at all with each other...nothing to worry about there

20. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Alley-oop":</div><div class="quote_post">Lot of this topic is confusing the hell out of me.

We need to get rid of Corliss and Cilff.</div>
    me too. i'm sure there'd be a good number of teams looking for Corliss. dunno about Cliff though. maybe the Bulls would wan thim for that lovely veteran leadership they keep looking for (i hope they dont go after him though)