Golden State 106 Seattle 97

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Sir Desmond, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Seattle vs Golden State

Who: [​IMG] (21-28) @ [​IMG] (24-26)
    When: 7pm
    Where: Key Arena
    TV: NBALP

Notes:

These two teams have split the season series so far, each winning at home. Golden State come off an OT loss to Toronto in which they equalled a record low of two points in the last period. Seattle come off a loss i n Portland where they got to within two late on, but couldn't close the game out, losing by 10. Both teams will struggle to make the playoffs this season, in the Western Conference.

Thoughts?

2. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

Seattle will win this one. They are at home and hve the advantage. Sonics by 4.

3. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I will also give Seatle the advantage at home. Heck the Warriors have trouble scoring points at home.[​IMG]

Sonics by 10.

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

well Desmond

Who knows. The warriors seem to be an enigma when it comes to how they play. They beat the blazers on the road, and they lose to the raptors by failing to score more than 2 points in the 4th quarter despite having such a huge point lead. The Warriors might get fired up and play all out or they might give up and go home. For instance, I thought they were done two weeks ago, but they played Portland and the Nuggets well. It revitilized hopes that the Warriors could catch up to Utah. I'm praying that Rashard Lewis is still in a slump and Ray Allen is bothered by that shoulder, because the sonics biggest weapon is that 3 point arc. I think the warriors have to fear Jerome James and Calvin Booth on defense. Those guys have been pretty good blocking shots. Call it a strange hunch, but the arrow goes to the warriors though for rebounding and the sonics not having Brent Barry. I'd say warriors will win this one since I think they got embarassed enough to remind themselves they are a better team than what they showed on Sunday. But I could be utterly wrong.

5. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

No such thing as a strange hunch when the Sonics are involved. I won't even be surprised if Golden State get up, Seattle are a Dr Jenkyl and Mr Hyde team.

6. Custodianrules2

Yeah once you guys get a big guy, rashard lewis starts using his driving skills, and Ridnour matures, things will start being more consistent. Also I'm not a fan of your power forward that launches 3's every other trip down. Radmonovich or something.

7. Rudeezy

The Sonics lead 45-43 at the half. The Warriors were very close to pulling away but the Sonics are getting too many second chance points which they are converting.

The Warriors were beating the Sonics when the Sonics were man to man, but they went to a zone and the Warriors couldn't hit a shot. Hopefully the Warriors come out in the second half and hit some shots to force the Sonics to man up where they will be over matched.

8. Custodianrules2

Get the ball to Damp Down Low, Let Dunleavy get close for a mid-range or perimeter shot. Get Jason the ball if he's down the lane already. He's on of the better finishers when moving without the ball. Same with Dunleavy.

Don't let Robinson settle for perimeter shots because we need some big men to rebound. BTW anyone see the warriors commercials on fox sports net? They advertised the toronto game. ouch.

9. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Warriors look good tonight, up 62-54 mid way through the 3rd, hopefully they can pull away with this one, it would be great to go home for 4 straight games coming off a win. It's been a good team effort tonight, but all this means nothing if they can't hold a 4th quarter lead.

10. Custodianrules2

Man I should be a coach. But its not as easy as it looks. [​IMG]

The Ukraine train has been a factor in easy points in the paint for the sonics. I really hope this fourth quarter goes well for the Warriors.

11. Rudeezy

The 4th quarter is looking great for the Warriors. They are now up by 12 with about 8 minutes left. Hopefully they can continue to pull away. The Sonics can't hang with the Warriors playing man defense.

12. Custodianrules2

If Cliff goes in as small forward, they should use popeye jones. He's got a decent jumper and he's a hard nosed rebounder like Cardinal and Murphy. Hard to say how he'll do with those knee surgeries though.

But Cliff as center? No thank you.

13. Rudeezy

Here comes the Warrior's fourth quarter meltdown. They were up by 13 and now hold a 4 point lead with Sonics free throws coming with 4:39 left. Here we go again...

14. Custodianrules2

Put Dampier in there! Goddamit!

15. Rudeezy

Seriously, put Dampier back in the damn GAME!!!!

16. Custodianrules2

Sometimes I think Musselman has a brain tumor. Probably caused by all that cheesy music from the warriors commercials they play on fox sports net.

17. Rudeezy

Cardinal is once again doing it all for the Warriors. He leads them in scoring with 19 and just had a key block and rebound. Can anyone tell me why he wasn't playing in the Warriors 2 point quarter?

J-Rich shooting two Fros with 2 minutes left and the warriors are up by 4.

18. Custodianrules2

I bet he'll miss em both.

19. Custodianrules2

OH well least I was wrong about that. Now its a 4 posession game with a 6 point lead.

Hopefully I'm right about the warriors winning. Usually I know my warriors.

20. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I bet he'll miss em both.</div>He made them both! And once again Cardinal comes up with a HUGE rebound and is headed to the line.

What a clutch drive by J-Rich on two guys and great defense by Cliffy!