Golden State 96 Denver 87

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">OAKLAND, Calif., Feb. 6 (Ticker) -- After three losses to the Denver Nuggets, Speedy Claxton and the Golden State Warriors decided to get defensive.

Claxton scored a career-high 25 points and played outstanding defense as the Warriors pulled out a 96-87 victory over the Nuggets.

The Warriors had allowed an average of 106 points in its previous three contests with the Nuggets. After a pair of close losses, Golden State surrendered 71 points in the second and third quarters of a 103-79 loss at Denver on Dec. 28.

Perhaps reminded of that poor stretch, the Warriors never trailed, bolting to a big lead in the first quarter. Although the Nuggets managed to slice the deficit to single digits by halftime, Claxton and his teammates consistently came up with key stops as the Warriors used a 10-0 run to take a 77-64 lead midway through the fourth quarter. </div>

recap
    box score
    ==============================
    Sorry I'm a little late on this but I have been EXTREMELY busy. Great win for the Warriors. If only they could play like this on the road.[​IMG]

2. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

Another example of why Claxton, not Van Exel, is the best point guard for the Warriors.

3. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting kobeonfire:</div><div class="quote_post">Another example of why Claxton, not Van Exel, is the best point guard for the Warriors.</div>There is no question that Claxton will remain the starter after this game. Sheer heart and dominance on both sides of the ball displayed by claxton.

4. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

reminds me of that gilbert guy...whoever he was [​IMG]

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I thought he's more like Allen Iverson. Both are extremely quick, are good dribblers, both get to the foul line, and steal the ball a lot. I figured this was the reason Philly drafted him.

Actually, on second thought, Speedy is a lot more unselfish than A.I. and Speedy got the green light to go everytime when Denver was over the foul limit in the fourth.

6. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Big win for the Warriors last night. Denver has had their number all season, beating them in all 3 meetings except for tonight. The difference maker is obvious, Speed Claxton. He stepped up his game huge and was able to give more offensive production last night, leading the Warriors to victory.

7. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, I'm so glad Claxton is playing so well, being the main pg too. Congratulations. Like Rudy said, I wish you guys could do this at home, if only you beat the Mavericks....I hope NVE goes soon, he hasn't been playing very well or proving his worth. Onto the Speedy Era.

8. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Claxton has proven he can lead a team with the Spurs and what he's doing now is no surprise. I sincerely hope that Dampier can be moved so that Speedy can have more freedom on offense.

9. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I sincerely hope that Dampier can be moved so that Speedy can have more freedom on offense.</div>

how is dampier hindering speedy's offense?

10. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting franchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">Claxton has proven he can lead a team with the Spurs and what he's doing now is no surprise. I sincerely hope that Dampier can be moved so that Speedy can have more freedom on offense.</div>

Yeah, the distribution of the ball flows a lot better with Dampier in the lineup, did you mean Van Exel?

11. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

what the?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting franchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">Claxton has proven he can lead a team with the Spurs and what he's doing now is no surprise. I sincerely hope that Dampier can be moved so that Speedy can have more freedom on offense.</div>

Are you kidding? Speedy actually frees up Dampier for easy dunks if he's going right at the power forward or the center. Plus Speedy gets you to the line as does Dampier. If you are talking about that Denver game, Speedy didn't really pass to Dampier because the Nuggets were over the limit. He gets to shoot free throws the rest of the way and Dampier can brag that he made all of his dunks. Remember, that Damp is not going to complain about getting the ball unless he's wide open and people still don't give him the ball. He was sour last year because 'twan would just try to force it and gilbert would always just shoot.