Good News: You Won Game 7; Bad News: You’re Less Likely to Win Round 2

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rhal, May 5, 2014.

1. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-7-bad-news-youre-less-likely-to-win-round-2/

Pretty cool article by Nate Silver about the odds of a team winning round 2 after playing an extended game round 1. Good news for us we went from a 1 in 4 dog to almost a 1 in 3 dog. Its progress!

2. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    What's interesting to me is that teams that won in six won at two percentage points lower than teams that won in seven.

3. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    That actually makes a lot of sense, but I would like to interject that the Blazers still had a lot of pressure. Possibly more pressure than the Spurs.

1.) Aldridge was an uncertainty of resigning with the Blazers. He made it clear that he would like to make it to the next round so there is progress. Losing round 1 would only hurt our chances of resigning him.

2.) 14 years people! The fans, the players, the coaches shit everyone knows this. If we lost another 1st round match-up, especially winning the first 2 games on the road would have been a total disaster.

I think the expectations of this franchise trumps the expectations of the spurs franchise. Think about it... The spurs are a multi-champ team, that was a rebound away from winning another. It's not like this playoffs was there only shot. They've always been "in it" since Duncan was a rookie.