Good, now we can go in full tank mode

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jan 5, 2019.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Continue the rebuild.

2. kreidertime

I've been anti tanking for almost 2 decades but I've finally had it. I'm sick of loser organizations like Pitt, Chicago, Edmonton, Toronto, Colorado ,Washington, etc.... tanking and getting franchise players and winning a cup or more. It's time we got one of those guys. It won't be easy. There are like 8 teams already tanking.

3. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

It's impossible to win the cup in this league without multiple game-changing talent-level players. You can get lucky finding gems without a top pick but it is rare. The Rangers need to be picking in the top 3 and get the right player to have a chance. Feel bad for Hank as he was once that type of player but his window has closed.

4. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Especially, with the most idiotic playoff format in sports.

5. kreidertime

Yep. I agree. Maybe Kravtsov will be that guy. Av's hit on Rantanen at 11. Rangers wanted Pettersson but Gorton was a pussy and didn't move up to get him at 4. Honestly, if the fuckheads running this team didn't make the go for it now trades like asswipe Chuck always wanted, this wouldn't be going on. Those deals didn't work for shit. Which is why I'm strictly against ever doing those deals again unless it's for a 22-25 year old player who will be good for the next 5 to 7 years.

6. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

If Kravtsov is like a Kuznetsov then that's a great pick. We'll probably end up picking around 9-10 again so there's no reason not to get another high impact piece. What worries me is their stupidity in the 2nd-3rd rounds with reaching for people like the Swedish goalie last year. Keane and Gross may turn out to be helpful.