Got TJ?

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by DLP11, Feb 4, 2004.

1. DLP11

DLP11 JBB JustBBall Member

2. MiltownBeers

MiltownBeers JBB JustBBall Member

The only possible explanation that TJ was left out of the rookie/soph game is that it would make the game entirely too unfair against the soph team. Imagine TJ diceing into the lane, giving open looks and alley-oop passes to the likes of Carmelo and King James.

I've watched alot Bucks basketball this season and TJ is the one player opposing teams cannot match up against--which is quite ridiculous considering his stature. Well, maybe next year, he'll make the soph team.

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Well Hinrich, Lebron, Wade are doing better and they have been playing pg/sg.

4. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

I think the Rookies/Soph Game had Too many point guards already or that the rookies were needed more size.So they didn't choose him.But he does deserve to be in the game.

5. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

The rookie team is very talented at the guard spots, and there just isn't enough room for TJ. I would have liked to have seen him in the lineup, but not at the expense of Wade or Kirk.

6. 3-pt.-gunner

3-pt.-gunner JBB JustBBall Member

I think Wade could have given up his spot for TJ. Wade's been injured and has played in 33 of the teams 49 games. He's been spectacular in the games he has played, but just like in the Elton Brand vs. Zach Randolph debate, I'd give the spot to the guy who has been less plagued by injuries. Really, it's for the good of the player. If Wade is more prone to getting hurt, why let him play in an exhibition.

7. DLP11

I don't think you guys read the article close enough

hinrich's team is doing what exactly??

The bucks are FOURTH in their conference and tj is their starting point ranking 8th in the league in assists...and rising

8. 3-pt.-gunner

DLP11: I read the article word by word, but I just think Hinrich is too good of a player to pass up, despite his team's struggles. Sure, Ford deserves credit, but the Bucks are not as bad as this guy made them out to be. Hinrich plays for the Bulls on the other hand, and they are every bit as bad as everyone thinks they are. You cannot realistically expect the Bulls to turn it around when Hinrich is the only player there. At least Ford has Redd to help him out.

9. DLP11

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 3-pt.-gunner:</div><div class="quote_post">You cannot realistically expect the Bulls to turn it around when Hinrich is the only player there. </div>

what??? the bulls definitely have more talent than the bucks, I don't know what you're talking about

10. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

what??? the bulls definitely have more talent than the bucks, I don't know what you're talking about

I almost thought you were serious.

11. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

Back to the topic. I think its unfair that Ford is not there because many NBA analysts didnt think he would be any good because of his height and he has obviously proved them wrong.

12. 3-pt.-gunner

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CANT STOP ME:</div><div class="quote_post">Back to the topic. I think its unfair that Ford is not there because many NBA analysts didnt think he would be any good because of his height and he has obviously proved them wrong.</div>
    It all goes back to the fact that the Rookies are just way too deep at the guard position, and a small point guard is the last thing they need to add to their lineup. Sure it's unfair, but who really cares? It's just an exhibition. It's the regular season and playoff games that matter.

13. CANT STOP ME

You are right about the draft being deep ill be the first to tell you that. But to say the game doesnt matter, is not true. Many rookies who arent seen on national tv dont get the attention they deserve. So when they play in the rookie game everyone gets to see them play.

14. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

If this was about the best players being in the game(which I think it should be) then TJ deserves to be in hands down. He was just the odd man out when picking guards and thats a sad thing. It would have been great to see him run with LB,Carmelo, Bosh, Wade, Hinrich....we would have seen the next crop of superstars all on the same team

15. CANT STOP ME

No doubt courtvision i guess we will have to wait to see him next year in the sophmore game