Grading the Browns Draft

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Sex Panther, May 1, 2011.

1. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    Traded the 6th pick - for a shitload of picks including the Falcon's (imo, overrated) 1st and 4th rounder. I project that pick to be a 16-21 pick. Could be higher pending the Bucs and Saints' improvement this season.

Grade: A+

21. Phil Taylor - Jimmy Smith and Jon Baldwin (who I really liked) were still available. Obviously DT was a a pressing need, but I thought there was better talent available at the 21 overall. He's a big body though, very disciplined, and should be a starter from day 1.

Grade: C+

37. Jabaal Sheard - We got a first round talent who's athletic enough to get past LTs. I'm worried about his size but he's got a great work ethic and his initial burst makes up for it. Great Pick.

Grade: B+

59. Greg Little - He reminds me of Braylon Edwards with better hands. I like him, I think he has a lot of potential. If he played the 2010 season, he probably would have been a late 1st rounder/early 2nd. He's extremely strong and can block like a TE, but has the speed of a wideout.

102. Jordan Cameron - A tight end? I didn't understand this one at all. We should have gone after Casey Matthews. We have Ben Watson and Evan Moore, two serviceable TEs who can run good routes. He's a project.

Grade: C

124. Owen Marecic - Fullback was a good insurance plan. Just in case Lawrence Vickers (one of the premier fullbacks) doesn't resign. And he probably won't.

137. Buster Skrine - Absolute steal. He's a great kick returner and proves to move in once Cribbs slows down. He's also a work in progress (projects as a nickelback) at CB. He'll come into the Browns camp as the fastest guy and quickest guy on the team. Really athletic. Love the pick.

Grade: A+

150. Jason Pinkston - Great pick. Good value and we really needed a right tackle.

Grade: A-

248. Eric Hagg - Another great pick. He could have gone in the 4th-5th round like some were suggesting. For the 248th pick overall, he gives the Browns great value

Grade: A-

Overall Grade: A

First time (in a long time) I've given the Browns an "A". Heckert and Holmgren really know what they're doing. Last year's picks couldn't have played better and I expect the same for this year's. Many great value picks, but I still say we should have gotten Casey Matthews in the 4th round instead of Cameron. I like that this team went DL-heavy.

What really put this team over the edge with the "A" grade were the draft picks. Let's face it, the Browns won't be contenders any time soon. At the EARLIEST, we could see this team make the playoffs next year. But not championship contenders. Realistically, this team will go 7-8 wins next year, so we're looking at a top 12 pick. I also don't think the Falcons will be as good as they were last year under the assumption the Bucs continue to rise and the Saints return to their old form. I'm hoping they go 10-6 or 9-7. If they do, they'll probably be a 16-21 pick. So... a top 12 and 16-21 pick in the first round? We could trade up and get ourselves a blue chipper (maybe 2) next year.

2. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

Or, you can flip Atlanta's pick to someone trading back into the first round next year, and be the next New England

3. Sex Panther

Ask.
    Regardless, i'll now have a team to root against next year :D

4. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

i love marecic, hes a monster.

and jordan cameron and cameron jordon should fuck.

5. Sex Panther

Ask.