Greg Monroe to Pelicans for a package revolving around Tyreke Evans

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by truebluefan, Jul 9, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

With the signing of Langston Galloway, the New Orleans Pelicans are hovering right around the $90 million mark in total team salary. This figure doesn't even include Buddy Hield or Cheick Diallo and the non-guaranteed contracts of Luke Babbitt and Toney Douglas. Hence, any remaining sizable move or moves will have to occur via trade, so it's time to start thinking about Greg Monroe, the oft-maligned center on the Milwaukee Bucks, again.

As I'm sure you're aware, New Orleans has been tied to Monroe numerous times in the span of the last year, so expect the embers to still be glowing. As evidenced by the acquisition of Solomon Hill, Dell Demps can remain persistent for as long as necessary. Less than two days before the start of the free agent moratorium, ESPN's Zach Lowe hinted the Pelicans still had Monroe on their radar.

The Pelicans have explored a Monroe-Anthony Davis partnership before, but they are hopeful Omer Asik will rebound after a dreadful season; they are in no rush to waive him via the stretch provision, allowing them to spread his remaining guaranteed money, sources say. Still: they will watch the market for centers, including Monroe.

The Bird Writes has explored multiple Monroe trade scenarios within the last year including a proposal involving a swap for Omer Asik and a package around Ryan Anderson. Today, I think it's appropriate to consider a deal involving Tyreke Evans. More than likely, I envision a potential deal could also include Asik or Alexis Ajinca, maybe even Babbitt or Douglas for both roster and salary purposes. From the Bucks perspective, it wouldn't surprise me to see them toss in Michael Carter Williams.

- See more at:http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/7...nario-greg-monroe-tyreke-evans-bucks-pelicans