Grimsley names six players

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rex Grossman 8, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

2. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Saw this on the front page of The Baltimore Sun today.Kinda disappointing this guy is trying to bring people down with him.I'm going to stand by Tejada, Gibbons, and Brian Roberts (wtf, he's 175 dripping wet!!) until they prove me wrong.

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte are the names that really stand out to me. Mainly cause that has got to be like 500 Wins Combined between those 2 pitchers. But I would take this all with a grain of salt because Grimsley is just nameing names to save his own ass.

4. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

brian roberts...i loved how no one questioned when he hit twice as many HRs in one season as he had iin his whole career. No one thought about steriods, just cuz hes small. it isnt all about size.

5. chang

Derek Jeter hit the same about of homeruns in 98 as he did in all of his previous 2 seasons. Steroids? Must be. [​IMG]

6. Nebkreb

yea..i think the comparison between brian roberts and derek jeter is a little absurd. With Derek, it was one year where he tried to hit for more power. Its not like he went from a .250 hitter to launching them. He was always a good hitter, just never a POWER guy. Roberts barely won the 2nd base job over Jerry Hairston, then hit like 30 HRs in 4 months

7. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Oct 1 2006, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Roberts barely won the 2nd base job over Jerry Hairston, then hit like 30 HRs in 4 months</div>30? He only hit 18 all season.

8. chang

Wow talk about exaggeration. 18 in a year. lolYou act like he was blasting them. They usually barely cleared the fence. And he had 50 doubles the previous season.

9. Nebkreb

still - it was totally unexpected. yet nobody made any steriods noise because hes so small. steriods doesnt ALWAYS pump u up