Grizzles Not Finished Yet...

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by mike18946, Aug 14, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Insider

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Grizzlies president Jerry West claims that he isn't done remaking the Grizzlies. "Our roster isn't going to look like it looks right now," West told the Memphis Commercial Appeal. "If we're able to do one more thing, I think we'll have two or three players at every position </div>

Seems the Grizzles aren't finished signing players or maybe a possible trade is in the works.

2. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

I have Heard from my inside scorces that Jayson Williams Might be Heading to Portland or Utah.

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

I heard they want Foyle or James or Dampier. I have nt herd anything about j-will being traded tho.

4. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-MAC:</div><div class="quote_post">I have Heard from my inside scorces that Jayson Williams Might be Heading to Portland or Utah.</div>
    What's Utah got that the Grizzlies want? The Grizz should keep JWill.

5. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

If you read that quote, it said that he wanted "2 or 3 at each position."

What does he have more than 2 or 3 at: SG and SF, with Miller, Posey, Jones, Battier, Person, and Smith(if he makes the team).

Thats way too many wing players for a team to have.

What do they need? A center

Right now; Wright plays center, and Stromile, a PF, backs him up. They could use a center.

Now GS has Foyle and Dampier; but GS likes them. Dampier is a good center; and Foyle is a good backup, so I don't think GS wants to trade them. Seattle on the other hand, wants to unload Calvin Booth. But I doubt West wants Booth. It will be interesting to see what happens. GS needs a PG. Perhaps Jason Williams will be shopped to GS in an attempt to lure Foyle or Dampier.

That would make it more appealing to GS, as they desperatly need a PG. But would West want to part with Williams? They did draft Troy Bell, who IMO can be an impact as a rookie.........

6. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

I agree Vintage Troy Bell can come into the league right away and be a Great Rookie with 4 years of college under his belt.

7. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-MAC:</div><div class="quote_post">I have Heard from my inside scorces that Jayson Williams Might be Heading to Portland or Utah.</div>

Oh I thought you were talking about the former Nets center, the criminal [​IMG]

8. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

[​IMG]

yeah he would be a good fit with the Blazers.

9. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

[​IMG] hopefully they can trade battier for an above average center.

10. txuonline

txuonline JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thefranchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">Oh I thought you were talking about the former Nets center, the criminal [​IMG]</div>
    yeah i thought they were talking about him too! lol

11. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Vintage is right they need a center if they want to have any shot of competing in the West. There are few good centers and there are few above average centers out there. I have no clue what Jerry West has up his sleeve.

12. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

J-Mac, maybe we wouldn't be so confused if you didn't put a 'y' in his name. What are your inside sources anyway?

I think that a Fortson for Williams deal would be stupid. The Grizzlies want to dump Shooting Guards and Small Forwards, not Point Guards.

Jason Williams was second in the league in assists and assists/turnovers last season. He is currently the Grizzlies second best player, and second offensive option. Why would they deal him for someone who will essentially backup at Center? It wouldn't make much sense. The Grizzlies can get by with what they have at Center. They just need a backup Power Forward and they will be set in my opinion.

You tell me which is better -

C - Dampier or Wright
    PF - Gasol/Swift
    SF - Miller/Battier
    SG - Person/Posey
    PG - Bell/Watson

or

C - Wright/Swift
    PF - Gasol/Humphrey
    SF - Miller/Battier
    SG - Person/Posey
    PG - J.Williams/Bell or Watson

Bottom of the bench - Trybanski/Archibald/Smith/?Dickerson?/Knight

13. GatorsowntheNCAA

i think that they will get adonal foyle, what would u think of a battier for foyle deal?

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Considering GS just traded Fortson i highly doubt Foyle goes anywhere..

15. GatorsowntheNCAA

yeah, but i think that they are still looking to deal either foyle or dampier, and they could get better value for foyle, then dampier.

16. JWilltheFreak

JWilltheFreak JBB JustBBall Member

JWill is not going to blazers or utah memphis is trying to get a big guy like dampier and muhammad to have some size at center

JWill is improving evrey year that he came to memphis watch out for him this season he will avg 17 points and 8.5 dimes per game this will be his best season GO MEMPHIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. kb8gw32003

kb8gw32003 JBB Banned Member

I used to like the Grizz when they had Gooden but now I don't! They need a big guy now. Looks like Jerry West is losing his magic!

18. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sportsrock37:</div><div class="quote_post">i think that they will get adonal foyle, what would u think of a battier for foyle deal?</div>That's awful. Our trading block consists of Michael Dickerson, Wesley Person, and Brevin Knight. We can afford to dump all of them, and other teams would want them because they have expiring contracts with the exception of Dickerson who the Grizzlies are supposidely selling cheap. And Dampier is better than Foyle. He is taller, he is beefier, he has better stats, and he started over Foyle last season.

19. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The deal on the table is Wes Person for Dampier.

20. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Who offered that,do you know? That would be a good deal for Memphis..as they need a center..and It will be good for GS..as It will help clear cap room