Grizzlies @ Warriors Game Thread

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Run BJM, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Rush had a very bad fall, looks like he blew his knee. I'd be surprised if he isn't done for the year. Big blow.

Lee looking awful again. Bogut solid.

2. Run BJM

What a crappy first quarter.

3. Run BJM

2nd quarter looked much better. Curry was insanely hot, Klay shot well, Festus looks good. Landry looking very nice again as well. Klay also doing nice work defending Rudy Gay.

Down 4 at half.

4. Run BJM

Look like complete shit again.

5. Run BJM

Frustrating game. Aside from a few streaks we couldn't get any type of rhythm. Felt like the rookies threw away a lot of points and possessions. Got outrebounded.

Festus had some WTF moments but all in all a good game. Landry is probably our best player through two games. That doesn't bode well for us however. Bogut had some flashes. Curry had a nice game but the offense didn't look good when he ran it, but rather when Jack was at the reigns with Steph at SG.

Barnes is pretty meh. Lee's stat line doesn't look bad but he was trash again and overmatched.

6. NOVoodoo

NOVoodoo Kickin it in 2525

I was impressed with the way Ezeli looked. He didn't have a huge impact, but he was man child underneath the boards. I thought there would be somewhat of a learning curve for the rookie, but he seems comfortable playing 10-15 mpg right off the bat. Bogut also looks a lot further away from being 100% than I was thinking.

I know, as Warriors fans, ya'll were primarily focused on your own team, but did any of you notice that the ball seems to stop when it gets to Rudy Gay? I don't know why everybody loves him so much. As a Grizzlies fan, I really think the team would be better off without him. He makes some cool athletic plays every now and then, but he really disrupts the flow of the game offensively.

7. Run BJM

Ezeli has been a surprise since the moment we drafted him. Looked good in summer league, got rave reviews in training camp and practices, and hes done decently in pre-season and games so far. How about that 17 foot jumper? Guys got pretty decent footwork for a rookie too. Guy is strong as hell, Bogut said hes the heaviest on the team and you can see how he can battle with Gortat and Gasol. Very mobile for a guy that size too. Dunno what his ceiling is but he looks promising to at least be a solid backup, his upside could be a solid defensive center with ok offense

And yeah, seems like more people than not share your opinion of Rudy Gay. He gets hyped for those gorgeous fadeaway mid-range J's and high flying dunks which people associate with the greatest wing players in the game. But really he can't get to the rim at will, he doesn't make his teammates better, and his defense isn't above average despite such excellent physical tools. He can help close out games against teams like the W's, but probably he isn't really a true closer. Not to bash on the guy too hard- I'd love to have him on the W's- but hes definitely not the superstar that the W's announcers make him out to be.